• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Prisoner Transport Deuce?

RGS20inophir

I bought a deuce from a private party a couple of weeks ago. I think my neighbors all think the "Crazy college students have REALLY lost it now!" :cookoo: I took it out yesterday to get a few pictures of it in the wilds of New Mexico. Enjoy!:grin:

Last edited:

RGS20inophir

Cause they are HUUUUGGGGEEEEEE and I tend to post my photos up for friends/family to see as well. One place for all photos makes life easy.8) Plus... I can track photo hits on photobucket. Remember... on the interwebz someone is always watching...:wink:

quarkz

Supreme Galactic Cleric
Steel Soldiers Supporter
RGS20inophir

Nice truck. Congrats!

If you post your pictures on the Steel Soldiers site they will always be on the Steel Soldiers site. So that if 10 years down the road you have decided to move your pictures to SnapGoogleFishHotComPix, some newb won't be disappointed when they look up this thread and see a bunch of broken links and only wish they could have seen what a Prisoner Transport Deuce was.:roll:

lexluther

So, is it really a prisoner transport duce? The questionmark in your post title makes me think you are asking, and I would like to know as well. Sweet ride...who cares what the neighbors think as long as it is not parked in their lawn...

RGS20inophir

From what the P.O. told me it was used to transport civilian prisoners as the Santa Fe National Guard is RIGHT next to the state pen. But at this point... it is all hearsay. The cage is built of expanded metal and THICK 1x4 tube with plexi pop riveted to the outside so people can not easily see in. Even the cab has expanded metal and plexi around the drivers compartment. It was parked under an awning for most of its life because the rear part of the plexi was not UV damaged and the front was SEVERELY UV damaged. I spent an hour with a couple friends popping most of the plexi off of the roof. It is definitely a unique truck.

I actually moved the fence on the side yard 20' back so I didn't have to keep the deuce within immediate eye shot of the street... plus it gives me some room for the 55 gallon Bio-Diesel reactor, the trailer, and a nice space to park my "taco":driver:[thumbzup]

quarkz

Supreme Galactic Cleric
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well I think you were give a bill of goods by the P.O. on the prisoner transport story.

They knew you wouldn't have bought it if you knew, that in fact, the deuce is outfitted with a zombie proof cargo cage.

Used for moving civilians to safety thru the zombie crowded streets as well as mobile holding pen after you have captured a couple specimens for further testing. rofl

Attachments

quarkz

Supreme Galactic Cleric
Steel Soldiers Supporter
M66 is OK, but some sort of automated flails, mounted on the four corners just above the bumpers, would do us all more good than the wasted ammo from the .50 cal.

Attachments

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nice pics and you just select up and put the pics up on the site. It will adjust the size for you.

The best thing about the breakdown box you have on the back is that a backhoe will make short work of it ripping it off. I haven't seen anything more worthless than Plexiglas riveted to a square tube steel frame. Yours is in much better shape than mine was though. Now I just have steel mesh sections on a shelf.

Great looking scenery out there.

RGS20inophir

Wow, that is some awesome scenery behind that great looking truck. Not sure which I like best!

How far from civilization were you in those pics? Is camping allowed there?

Thanks old man! All of those pictures are about 10 miles from town. Camping is allowed in select spots, most of the land is leased open range so you have to be careful where you stay. There are some really sweet spots in the old mining district outside of town (on BLM and USFS land).[thumbzup]

RGS20inophir

Nice pics and you just select up and put the pics up on the site. It will adjust the size for you.

The best thing about the breakdown box you have on the back is that a backhoe will make short work of it ripping it off. I haven't seen anything more worthless than Plexiglas riveted to a square tube steel frame. Yours is in much better shape than mine was though. Now I just have steel mesh sections on a shelf.

Great looking scenery out there.

Ok, ok, when I get some time I will break down and put a few of em up here.

You had one of these boxes as well? Is there an NSN# or were they all "custom?" I have gone looking all over it to try to find a tag somewhere to no avail.

New Mexico has some down right beautiful parts... and some down right terrible parts. The drive from Albuquerque to here is nothing but miles and miles filled with miles and miles.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks