• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Prius pulling. A recovery of sorts.

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's insured for stupidity right.
Wrong. If you read you policy (yes the insurance company actually expects you to do that) you'll see under exclusions that you're not covered for "mechanical breakdown" which basically means "if you blow it up you're SOL."

whiskey357

Banned
howdy again and is this fun or what ...get all kinds of stuff from the insurance companies for what ever....But you break down ...o well you are SOL have a nice day ...

Reaper651

So It was the electric in tank Fuel pump that went bad? I've heard that the deuce will run without the electric fuel pump and that it is only for re-priming when you run out of fuel. I guess you have proven that theory wrong. Hmm, now you have me thinking on setting up a spare in line electric fuel pump with quick connects for such an occasion.:p Great recovery story and I'm glad everything worked out.

rustystud

So It was the electric in tank Fuel pump that went bad? I've heard that the deuce will run without the electric fuel pump and that it is only for re-priming when you run out of fuel. I guess you have proven that theory wrong. Hmm, now you have me thinking on setting up a spare in line electric fuel pump with quick connects for such an occasion.:p Great recovery story and I'm glad everything worked out.
On a truck with a good injection pump it will still pull the fuel from the tank. It's when the injection pump, pump starts to go bad that you get this no start no run business when the tank pump goes bad. The pump is a gear driven unit accessed by a cover on the side. I don't know if the gears are still available though, you might have to get the complete injection unit.

Reaper651

There is a company out here in Cali that RR's injection pumps, turbos and such, that we have used for years. I will give him a call, if anything is available for American Bosch fuel systems, he would know where to find it.

rustystud

There is a company out here in Cali that RR's injection pumps, turbos and such, that we have used for years. I will give him a call, if anything is available for American Bosch fuel systems, he would know where to find it.
That would be nice since my pumps pressure has started to go down and I don't want to replace the whole injection unit .

mattgunguy

On a truck with a good injection pump it will still pull the fuel from the tank. It's when the injection pump, pump starts to go bad that you get this no start no run business when the tank pump goes bad.
True statement. Funny thing here, that our IP is but a few months old. Was reman by AMBEC back in 99 and sat in a box till we put it in back in February or March of this year. It's a late G code pump I think, has no FDC from the factory, To add some more humor here, I drove around for 3 days after I put the new pump in before I realized that I hadn't hooked the power to the pump back up. Started up and ran fine for the said 3 days. I haven't the foggiest of ideas as to why she wouldn't run without the inline pump while on the road.

rustystud

True statement. Funny thing here, that our IP is but a few months old. Was reman by AMBEC back in 99 and sat in a box till we put it in back in February or March of this year. It's a late G code pump I think, has no FDC from the factory, To add some more humor here, I drove around for 3 days after I put the new pump in before I realized that I hadn't hooked the power to the pump back up. Started up and ran fine for the said 3 days. I haven't the foggiest of ideas as to why she wouldn't run without the inline pump while on the road.
It's a mystery ! "and the plot thickens !"

m715mike

I was just looking at the images after doing a Google search for "M35A2" trying to find a picture.

I stumbled across this image >>>>
image.jpeg

I knew the picture looked familiar. Really, it's not like you can forget the day a Prius pulled a Deuce home!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks