• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Private Michigan Fuel Blender License?

MiSasquatch

Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't believe "any" government vehicle is taxed for the road tax. If they pay at the pump there is a system for recouping those road tax dollars.
It's inevitable, but I've seen a lot of road damage by the road commission, especially while scraping the roads of snow and ice.
I witnessed a fire truck blow a hole in the asphalt with the pump exhaust while fighting a house fire. The pot hole is still there. Who pays for that? (rhetorical question)

I can't believe the government wants us to pay them for fuel we make our selves screw that.
This really makes the bumper sticker true "don't steal the government hates competition" .
The tax is based on the gallons of fuel used but is actually a tax on travel. This is why you pay the tax on aircraft fuel ect. also.

The USA is getting much like the old Soviet Union in this respect.
I have been told, there, you had to have gov't permission (papers?) to travel very far from home.

Last edited:
Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't believe "any" government vehicle is taxed for the road tax. If they pay at the pump there is a system for recouping those road tax dollars.
It's inevitable, but I've seen a lot of road damage by the road commission, especially while scraping the roads of snow and ice.
I witnessed a fire truck blow a hole in the asphalt with the pump exhaust while fighting a house fire. The pot hole is still there. Who pays for that? (rhetorical question)
The gov't exempts itself form nearly ALL laws it passes to control US!! No surprise there.
The fire depts, of nearly all jurisdictions, are exempt from nearly all liability for any damage they do to anything while trying to stop a fire.
Some people think a fire truck driving on the left side of the road should be illegal. Their attitude will change when the house that is burning is their own!!

5 years USN. 5 years fire party. As a chief "Damage control man" once said "the biggest ship in the navy is 1200 feet long. The steel doesn't burn but ALL the paint on it does. If you don't go stop the fire it WILL eventually get to you".

Last edited:

MiSasquatch

Oh, don't get me wrong...I support our fire departments. It's just that someone should notice the exhaust is damaging the road surface and do something about that. Maybe a heat shield of some kind. Or the road grader shaving off asphalt as it scrapes the snow/ice, and damaging the curbs.
On top of that I understand the "government" thing about trading tax dollars among agencies.
But I want my money spent in my area, not Detroit!
Don't let me get started on "user" fees, where you pay for what you get, nothing more nothing less.
I guess a lot of my concern is that I believe my tax dollars are being wasted and if "government" would stop the waste they'd all have enough of our dollars already. Oh, how I could go on!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks