• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Probably been beaten to death but is there any way to know if your truck ever went anywhere?

Maxjeep1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My truck had 132 miles on it over a 20 year period. I don’t think it went anywhere exciting… I would never buy one that has had that experience of being driven off a boat ramp into saltwater… I do love the history of the vehicles but I don’t want to own one

CanadianAR

I think very few experienced salt water! Probably USMC. A lot went to Germany and other NATO nations and the desert. Lol

And I’ve been wanted never trust a hmmwv odeMeter. A friend who owns on and usesarmy owned hmmwv for work said they will swap that out without hesitation for a newgauge if needed. Not sure if that’s accurate or not.
I know some army trucks get low mileage , our msvs mil it’s 6x6 are 13 years old with 6000 miles haha

I would gladly take a truck that’s been there and done that, but it certainly wasn’t a requirement

Maxjeep1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think very few experienced salt water! Probably USMC. A lot went to Germany and other NATO nations and the desert. Lol

And I’ve been wanted never trust a hmmwv odeMeter. A friend who owns on and usesarmy owned hmmwv for work said they will swap that out without hesitation for a newgauge if needed. Not sure if that’s accurate or not.
I know some army trucks get low mileage , our msvs mil it’s 6x6 are 13 years old with 6000 miles haha

I would gladly take a truck that’s been there and done that, but it certainly wasn’t a requirement
I didn’t believe my odometer either until I pulled out my brand new air filter that was dated 2002 and my new dry rotted tires that were dated 2002. I drained clean oil and I have never seen diesel oil clean. I’m pretty sure I know what I got. Good luck with your truck with history and I look forward to seeing pics! I love deployed vehicles, I just don’t want to own one. I watched Humvee’s getting driven on and off of the ramp by way of ocean. That puts rust on everything.

CanadianAR

Nice to get one so new!!!

I just bought my truck a week ago, I’ve no idea on its history. Like I said it wasn’t something I was looking for. Just a thought I had while cleaning it.
It’s 87 with 16k miles of the odo is trusted. Just curious if it ever did much, I mean even to know where it started life and it’s role would be neat. All I know is a Maine Natl Guard rebuild in 07.

I can believe combat ones got used hard.

Maxjeep1

Steel Soldiers Supporter

I just bought my truck a week ago, I’ve no idea on its history. Like I said it wasn’t something I was looking for. Just a thought I had while cleaning it.
It’s 87 with 16k miles of the odo is trusted. Just curious if it ever did much, I mean even to know where it started life and it’s role would be neat. All I know is a Maine Natl Guard rebuild in 07.

Congratulations on your new truck! I personally didn’t want a truck that I had to do extensive repairs on because I’m physically not able

Weldman

Decommissioned
Staff member

It never left the country if it was a Nasty Girl's chariot.
Yeah I used them hard, drove them like I stole them, went places where one shouldn't, played bumper cars pushing through cities, never really followed the road, plowed through a mud hut or two, but I digress before falling over the edge

CanadianAR

It never left the country if it was a Nasty Girl's chariot.
Yeah I used them hard, drove them like I stole them, went places where one shouldn't, played bumper cars pushing through cities, never really followed the road, plowed through a mud hut or two, but I digress before falling over the edge
What’s a nasty girls chariot? Lmao.

sounds like fun, except the grenade part. I’m Canadian but still thanks for your service!

Weldman

Decommissioned
Staff member
What’s a nasty girls chariot? Lmao.

sounds like fun, except the grenade part. I’m Canadian but still thanks for your service!
Thanks,
It's what us active duty call National Guardsmen, Nasty Girls going to Ft. Living Room when done with basic/AIT, just run the opposite direction of them to find the firefight...

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
One way would be if it had the shipping label show it was somewhere in the sandbox. One of my trailers had a Kuwait as point of origin for shipment.
Along these same lines, a friend who was in the Marines for a number of years (most recently in a motor pool) told me that, if your truck has an RFID tag on it, it was almost definitely overseas.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks