• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Probably not new news, but interesting to see the Army Goal of

opie65

all m35's gone by 2010. ~9300 left. Of course, they are going to have to buy a lot of FMTV's for the ARNG, first.

Stretch-Goal, I'd say. Don't expect all of them in GL, though. Lots of A3's will go elsewhere.

Old 5 tons by 2020....

Bighurt

I bet we will never see any of these released into civilian hands. :cry:
Oh I was referring to me getting my hands on the retirees...:grin:

I'm sure people said the same thing in the early days of the Duece...

I'd still like to get my hands on a HEMTT....:twisted:

dittle

Talked to the guys down at Camp Dodge 2 weeks ago, he said that there are only 80 Deuces left at that site to get rid of. That leaves you 9220 left to buy :-D

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Barstow claimed they were doing another 500 this year.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I thinks guys are fooling themselves into thinking that it will be business as usual when all of the M44 and M809 series are out of the system. While I am sure the M939 series will come out more readily since they are getting older, I do not expect that we will ever see sales like this again. How do I know this? Common sense. Think about it...do you expect to see sales with 50 or more M939 series trucks across the country on it and a few HEMTTs sprinkled in? I hope so...but don't count on it. They bought far fewer M939 series trucks than the deuces or earlier 5 tons. Plus, many are going overseas or are being upgraded (I believe EMMADO22 posted something a few months back about a contract to bring the M939 series up to modern standards). I really hope I am incorrect on this because I'd love to buy more 900s.

halftrack

all m35's gone by 2010. ~9300 left. Of course, they are going to have to buy a lot of FMTV's for the ARNG, first.

Stretch-Goal, I'd say. Don't expect all of them in GL, though. Lots of A3's will go elsewhere.

Old 5 tons by 2020....
Where are you getting your info from. Carnac just recently said there were about only 3000 left a few months ago.

SETOYOTA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
the gov't does not even know how many are left. 3000 or 9000 that is a whole bunch of trucks. I don't see what the big deal is. M35s will always be around for sale in one form another. Deflector shields up!

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
The Mississippi National Guard is currently rebuilding the 900 series trucks at Camp Shelby.
They have acres of them waiting to be refurbished.
I have seen a few of them on GL in the past.
Still wanting a HEMMET and a M915 for myself.

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
TACOM knows EXACTLY how many are left, and exactly what units they are in..

What the problem is that people are quoting sources that WERE correct when they were written, but every day, that # goes down..

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Let me preface this by saying that I have no "inside information" on the amount of trucks left. I'm just going by what has been posted by people "in the know" and the selling trends on GL.

I think the deuces are already starting to slow down. I know TN is about cleaned out of them with only one or two showing up every now and then. I have my doubts you'll see many ( if any) 400+ truck sales anymore.

Wether there are 3,000 or 9,000 deuces left you have to consider that a number of them will never see GL. They will go overseas or to other government agencies. They get the first pick of them before us lowly civilains get a chance at them. Basicly the DRMO puts trucks up for auction that nobody else wants. That's why you very seldom see a A+ condition truck from GL.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks