• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Problem connecting RT-524 to VIC-1

CommoChief

I am trying to connect an RT-524 to a VIC-1 system. The problem I am having is the jumper cable from the center jack on the RT mount
is a straight plug and the power connection (jack immediately to the right) takes a cable with an angle to the left. Therefore, the two plugs
will not work together as the power cable interferes with the jumper cable to the VIC-1. My question is...would it be easier to find a different
base/mount for the RT-524 with different jack set-ups or look for a straight power cable?

Thanks in advance....Bill

86humv

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Later Sincgars cables have a bend to them, and the older cables don't.
You probably have a sincgars cable.

Wile E. Coyote

Yes, but don't change the orientation too dramatically or you'll stress/ break the wires. The power cables are far more resilient to stress than the intercom interconnects. I've had a number of them that had broken wires due to their being torqued too far.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
I was seeing them on ebay but just did a search and can't find it.

I have/had two sets but I still haven't unpacked from the move and we're probably weeks if not months from unpacking all the tool stuff. I will be at storage tomorrow and if I find it, will let you know.

They are a set of 6 or so semi-circular sockets all held together by a round bar/pin that is also used as the spanner handle. They have a kinda saw tooth edge on the bottom. Of note, they were a lot smaller than I expected, after all they fit inside the cable connector. I tried to find a photo on line but can't find any.