• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Problem getting a title. Help?

steelandcanvas

International Title Service is the way to go...best $200 I've spent. By the time you get done with title searches, VIN certifications, appraisals, (Colorado wanted an appraisal), what is your time worth?:-(

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
So is that a bonded title with international? Or is it a no kidding real-deal title? And what state does it come as? How long start to finish?

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Broadway Title is out of Alabama and any vehicle prior to 1975 (I believe that's the cutoff) doesn't get a title just a registration. What Broadway does is basically purchase your vehicle for $10 or so and registers it in Alabama and then sells it back to you. You take their paperwork with the AL registration to the DMV and (if your state will take it - TX does) it works just like a title.

BigjeepTX

Thats what I did got him to sign a power of attorney and I paid his tax. All you can do is go see them in person with the forms and request them to sign them. Its worth a try.

82ABNMP

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Title

Yea, Broadway stopped doing the out of state turcks for (they need to see the truck now) AL titles because they change the law, International title was doing them thru another state and then you get a NV title. Last time I checked the state that they were working thru also changed their laws and they were looking for another state to run them thru. Confusing I know. :evil:

tie6044

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ya I'm pretty sure both places are not able to title a deuce any more. Has anyone done one lately through Broadway or ITS.

ctmustang

I just went through this here in NC which are *%$^%#%^%&*^^%$$%#$%#^%&^(%% at the dmv. Ended up doing a title bond with 2 appraisals and about 8 trips to the dmv office and the dmv inspectors offiice. They want deal with a title service anymore.

82ABNMP

Steel Soldiers Supporter
title

"I dealt with ITS earlier this year. My Title came out of Alabama. Best $200 I ever spent."

I think that things have changed since then...in June. No more titles.

Just rec'd my GA Title. Yippeee! Thought I'd never get it. Went to county courthouse with SF97, transfer letter from GL, VIN Verification form filled out by an LEO, Bill of Sale and Proof of Insurance. No problems. Title arrived in 2 wks.

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just rec'd my GA Title. Yippeee! Thought I'd never get it. Went to county courthouse with SF97, transfer letter from GL, VIN Verification form filled out by an LEO, Bill of Sale and Proof of Insurance. No problems. Title arrived in 2 wks.

Does GA have a specific Vin Verification form? I'm running into this problem here in SC for a m211 I sold out of state... I have the SF97 from GSA but I never titled it before selling it. They say they want a LEO inspection but didn't give me a form or anything.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
GA has a specific form. What state did it go to? If it was GA, they just get the form filled out with a bill of sale and you are done go to DMV, simple.:roll: