• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Problem installing magnetic tach pickups on damper...

Asmoday

I went to glue the 2 pickup magnets onto the back of the new Fluidyne damper using the supplied Loctite 330 adhesive that Isspro supplies with the tach pickup kit. Once that's done I'll install the damper and fire the beast up.

The recommended and supplied Loctite 330 adhesive was bad. It's supposed to have the consistency of a liquid but it had gelled like a gummy bear and was all yellowed.

So I ordered a few new packs of the same Loctite 330 adhesive from Grainger and guess what...? All the "new" packs were bad as well. Apparently the product only has a shelf life of about 15 mos. and the stock doesn'y move real fast.

Now I am faced with a dilemma as to what to use to permanently bond the magnets to the back of the damper.

Some have used JB Weld but that just sounds off to me and I've heard JB Weld can get brittle over time.

Obviously the epoxy or the like has to be chemically resistant as well as heat resistant.

Any recommendations on a viable product would be appreciated...

Grega

Go to your local auto parts place and see what they have. I have the same isopro tach setup. Installed it right next to the volt meter. Very satisfied with it.

Sharecropper

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is it possible to obtain the tach signal from the ICE terminal? I believe I saw a thread a while back that indicated the brown wire was the wire from the alternator that indicated engine RPM. Maybe somebody can chime in and clarify.