• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Problem starting with M923A1 knowledge

srajetk

I've. Got a M923 that's hard to start too. It's got 2 new batteries, and I have to jump it off my Deuce every time. Looks like I'm getting two more new batteries, and new cables. The 5tons can be tough to start.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
I've. Got a M923 that's hard to start too. It's got 2 new batteries, and I have to jump it off my Deuce every time. Looks like I'm getting two more new batteries, and new cables. The 5tons can be tough to start.
Should not be any harder than a deuce or a civi vehicle if everything is as it should be, 75% of the time, it is the batteries, starter, or AIR in the system, the rest is filters, black box, or other misc. crap

diverman555

In Memorial
In Memorial
got everything working, alternator, all dash stuff, starts right up when I use a screwdriver and jump the starter. Runs fine, but still won't start using the start switch. With the start switch in the start position I still get no juice to the small wire 74 on the solenoid coming from the protective control box. Could the PCB be the problem?

srajetk

Getting mine to turn over is the challenge. I've got 2 new batteries, and the other 2 have good voltage. But the starter just clicks, until I hook up the Deuce for more power. At high RPM . But I've only had her for a month, so I'm still working out the bugs.

diverman555

In Memorial
In Memorial
Ron you are correct about a couple things, going through the TM's the wiring goes from the start switch down to the neutral switch, then up to the control box, then to the starter, I reied to get the plugs apart at the neutral switch, would not come apart so should I just cut the plugs out and but splice them after I try bypassing the switch
h

diverman555

In Memorial
In Memorial
neutral switch

Ron you are correct about a couple things, going through the TM's the wiring goes from the start switch down to the neutral switch, then up to the control box, then to the starter, I reied to get the plugs apart at the neutral switch, would not come apart so should I just cut the plugs out and but splice them after I try bypassing the switch
h

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks