• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Problem with M-817

rtstractor

Lost clutch travel, goes to floor and does not release clutch (keeps Traveling while engine is running) checked all linkage and throw out bearing seems like it has excess travel, clutch does not slip. What is the best way to remove to access throwout bearing and clutch assy, pull front and pull engine or remove the trans/transfer ? any help would be welcome:shock:

rtstractor

loose, no tension, not shure how long truck sat, we bought about a month ago , have been using both trucks every day to haul land clearing debries, no strain as trucks are running on dirt roads (the second truck is fine)

Jersey4x4

Can you see the shaft rotate where it goes through the bell housing? if yes then you will need to gain access to the clutch housing and see if the throw out sleeve is still intack and did not spin on the fork. I have had the spring clip break and the sleeve rotate and the fork no longer pushed the throw out to disengage the clutch.

poppop

Sounds like the clutch maybe had no free play and the throw out bearing was running all the time. Bearing finally went out and seized and then burned the fingers off the pressure plate. I have had that happen several times on farm tractors and trucks.

rtstractor

Found / solved the problem..Throw out bearing failed, ball bearings had fallen out bearings were DRY! replaced all clutch, resurfaced flywheel etc, runs and drives like a top! we have two at work so I am very grouchy about anyone else driving it ! I am usually suttle about it like leave my **** truck ALONE, thats the one warning shot before I go postal about it ! a Very big Thank You to all who responded to my post about the clutch problem!:driver:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks