• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

problem with oshkosh equipment BEWARE

Status
Not open for further replies.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Did your attorney advise you to NOT post in a public forum, all your issues on this?

I would offer you that advise(free).
Free advice is worth what you pay for it.[/QUOTE

It does not take someone with a lot of smarts to know to keep your mouth shut and not talk about cases like this (for that matter most cases). It does not take an attorney or a genus (impossible to be both) to give DHs advise.

Last edited:

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Free advice is worth what you pay for it.[/QUOTE

ARE you an attorney, if not you fall in the above class.

It does not take someone with a lot of smarts to know to keep your mouth shut and not talk about cases like this (for that matter most cases). It does not take an attorney or a genus (impossible to be both) to give DHs advise.
In post #92 he claims to be a lawyer ,in the last sentence .

oldMan99

If they misrepresented the truck to you, you relied on their misrepresentations, and you were damaged as a result, you have a valid suit for fraud.

You also have breach of expressed warranty if they told you that the truck was leak free and it leaked.

You may have additional implied warranties (such as an implied warranty of merchantibility) depending on your state law.

If I were you I'd sue them to fix the truck or buy it back. But then again, I'm a lawyer...
Dear Mr. Lawyer,

After being asked SEVERAL times if the truck had come with a warranty or not the OP has yet to respond to this issue so it is assumed that the answer is no, there was no warranty.

Additionally, I believe the OP stated that the oil leak started AFTER the vehicle was initially delivered. Meaning that at the time of delivery the truck was in fact, NOT leaking. There is a difference between saying, The truck is not leaking oil" and, "The tuck will never leak oil".

The OP has parts that were sent to him along with an invoice for payment. You, a member of the legal system are advising him not to pay the invoice and to keep the parts? Is that not basically theft? Does not sound like good legal advise to me. I think even Judge Judy would have a problem with that.

It seems that your in such a hurry to file suit and blame everybody other than the OP for his own lack of due diligence that your ready to sue without even being fully aware of the facts of the case. Thanks to people like you real legitimate cases take forever to to be processed. Thanks to people like you everybody wants to sue somebody rather than take personal responsibility for their own actions or lack thereof.

Lastly, it seems to me that before I sent somebody or some company $21,000.00 for a 40 year old truck I would invest $300.00 in an airplane ticket to go look at it. Again... back to taking personal responsibility.

Lawyers... 90% of whats wrong with this country today.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Free advice is worth what you pay for it.
Did your attorney advise you to NOT post in a public forum, all your issues on this?

I would offer you that advise(free).
Dear Mr. Lawyer,

After being asked SEVERAL times if the truck had come with a warranty or not the OP has yet to respond to this issue so it is assumed that the answer is no, there was no warranty.

Additionally, I believe the OP stated that the oil leak started AFTER the vehicle was initially delivered. Meaning that at the time of delivery the truck was in fact, NOT leaking. There is a difference between saying, The truck is not leaking oil" and, "The tuck will never leak oil".

The OP has parts that were sent to him along with an invoice for payment. You, a member of the legal system are advising him not to pay the invoice and to keep the parts? Is that not basically theft? Does not sound like good legal advise to me. I think even Judge Judy would have a problem with that.

It seems that your in such a hurry to file suit and blame everybody other than the OP for his own lack of due diligence that your ready to sue without even being fully aware of the facts of the case. Thanks to people like you real legitimate cases take forever to to be processed. Thanks to people like you everybody wants to sue somebody rather than take personal responsibility for their own actions or lack thereof.

Lastly, it seems to me that before I sent somebody or some company $21,000.00 for a 40 year old truck I would invest $300.00 in an airplane ticket to go look at it. Again... back to taking personal responsibility.

Lawyers... 90% of whats wrong with this country today.

On top of the above, when the OP FIRST posted about looking and buying a truck from OE, he was advised more then a few times NOT TO, for a number of reasons

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm sure "Mr. Lawyer" is over looking the fact in was bought over the internet . The truck was sold in wisconsin
the OP lives in michigan , so advising him to contact the michigan attorney general dosen't do much good for a truck sold in wisconsin. I'm willing to bet in the fine print , he agreed to it states that he agrees to any litigation related to the sale
occur in wisconsin , just like with GL you agree all litigation will be in arizona . Disclaimer ; I.m not a lawyer but I do
read the terms of a contract before I sign one and if there is something i don't understand or question I hire one
before I sign the contract. 2cents

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Significantly more than that one. Is there a point? Just trying to get your rocks off? Get your post count up? Do YOU understand the dead horse? You continue to bump the thread to say nothing...
Your the one who put a value on free advice . I'll just ignore your 2nd remark and I have no interest in what my post count is. But I do belive the OP's purpose of this thread is to keep bashing Oshkosh Equipment for him not doing his homework on buying a truck and has buyers remorse. Finally you are the one who brought thr deadhorse back to life yesterday . This thread has run its course and should be locked . So have a nice day and enjoy your weekend.

steelandcanvas

Close the thread. Tired of reading threads from impolite, attorney newbies, and prattcobras whining. Hopefully the "fat lady" sang on this one. And who gives a rat's fanny about postcount? I'm with Porky and KsM715 on this one. Lets move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks