• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Problem with RI Excise Tax Value for Deuce. Please help..

hankthetank

The state of RI is saying the value of my M35A3 is 54K, result i am getting a excise tax bill for $700+. I called the city and they say they get this value from NADA.

I was pretty sure there are no blue book values on these trauck, am i correct? Has anyone had this issue before?

Thanks for any help...

Mike

WarrenD

I think Infinity (car brand) has model called the M35. The computer is probably keying on that. Good luck trying to straighten this mess out. Might require a visit to the local assessor's office. Be sure you tell them the manufacturer, AMGeneral.
I don't think these are in the blue book, so that's why I think they are looking at Infinity.

WarrenD

Just got back from the local assessor's office (it's just downstairs...) and I can't find any valuation book that they use which covers MVs. The commercial truck books stop between 2002 and 1992 depending on the make and none of them lists brands like AMGeneral, Kaiser, etc. This would be standard for all local assessors in CT, so I'm not sure how that would translate to RI but it might be a start.

hankthetank

Thanks guys, yea I don't really know where they pulled the 54k from... I guess I'll just go down to tax office and explain this to them.I contacted the NADA people and they said they do not have values for military vehicles.

gunboy1656

2 things I would take with me. 1st would be my truck and 2nd (if you have a copy) is David Doyle's Standard catalog of military vehicles. I know it is not an official price guide, but it does have a price guide in it for them to see. Any info you give them will help.

Flyingvan911

Did you buy it from GL? Do you have the bill of sale? I'd take that too. The more paperwork the better. (Works for the government.)

That's how you make a deuce go faster. List it as a sportscar on your taxes.

G-Force

Tell them you got the "Stripped" basic model M35. No leather seats, no A/C, no Power Steering.....that should bring the price down.....

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In South Carolina, they go by the age of the vehicle. Anything over 15 years old is worth $500, period, no matter what you paid for it, for tax purposes. Works for me!

You can also tell them that the company AM General, was formed as a subsidiary of Kaiser (jeep), and then have them look up Kaiser trucks - value will fall off a cliff!

Ripcord01

You can also tell them that the company AM General, was formed as a subsidiary of Kaiser (jeep), and then have them look up Kaiser trucks - value will fall off a cliff!

Ohh so true.

jasonjc

Tell them if they say it worth $54,000.00 you want a check and they can have the truck. I think if they say it's worth "X" they should have to pay you that for it on demaned. That would keep the assessor's office a little more in touch with the real world. Around here they pull $$ out of a$$'s.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks