• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Problem with the Air ride seats in my Frankencab.

Ok so, I picked up my truck earlier this week and the driver side seat would not stay up when you inflated it and I ended taking to a truck stop and they said it was the valve under the seat that was bad and letting the air leak out.

You could hear it hissing out slowly when you would inflate the seat.

Well, I tried the passenger seat today and it is doing the same exact thing. Funny thing is, the valve on the drivers seat still looked new, but was supposedly bad.
Was this a common problem on these Frankencab trucks with these kind of seats or is there something I am missing?

Just wanting to make sure there is not some other way to remebedy this before going through the truoble and cost to replace the passenger side valve too.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Funny you should bring this up, maybe that was why the one we had sitting here for a while had the valve under the truck shut off.

RobertoGatos

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The air supply for the seats starts at the pressure protection valve, and runs up into the cab, Maybe start looking from there if both leak? One of my seats is doing this also. Have not taken anything apart yet. Usually they stay in the same place for weeks. Only a few air down.

May be some replaceable o-rings in there. Mine always seep down in a few days but come back up with air.
Well, mine will not stay up for more than a minute and then they air down rapidly. You can hear air hissing under the seat...which is what is leading me to believe the valve is bad just like on he drivers side.'

The air hissing almost sounds like it is lower than what it was on the drivers side though.

The air supply for the seats starts at the pressure protection valve, and runs up into the cab, Maybe start looking from there if both leak? One of my seats is doing this also. Have not taken anything apart yet. Usually they stay in the same place for weeks. Only a few air down.
Ok, I will look into that. Between that and the CTIS system staying in default mode...it's kind of driving me crazy with these air issues lol...as I seen where your CTIS was dysfunctional too. It's the only issues my truck has currently.

I think the ride height control valve is replaceable. I remember it looking like it could unscrew.
Well, the leak issue on the drivers seat was coming from the valve underneath the seat and it was a real hassle to get to. I am afraid its the same thing on passenger side at this point because the seat will not stay up for more than a minute exactly the same way as the drivers side was doing.

I have 2 brand new seats.
Did yours ever have similar leaking issues?

My truck was a 2010 rebuild with 4500 miles and the seats were brand new.

When I picked it up earlier this week...is when we discovered the seats were leaking. We already fixed the Drivers side...just hate to go through the same thing on the passenger side as well. It was a real pain getting throught eh rubber seal around the bottom of the seat.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
I have the seats in 2 of my trucks I installed them though. The trucks are regular cab versions. I bought a bunch of extra seats though.