• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

problem with

Status
Not open for further replies.

gijoe

i have been a member since 09 but can't even list a truck for sale because i haven't left a 100 comments yet, who can i talk to about this PROBLEM??

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You have posted on half a dozen threads, your thoughts on the rule. We call that Cross Posting(against the rules).

You have not been using capitalization or punctuation, that is a rule.

Continued complaints will not get you positive results.

Please follow the rules.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Its not a problem , its is now the rule , there is rumor it may change in the coming months .
But because of abuse by new people signing up just use the classified ads the rules were changed and older members that don't post much got the shaft . And as it stands the only choice you have is to become more active in the forum and get your required posts.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
PM Mangus580 with your thoughts.

budman67

Sorry for butting in,but would that include wanted items,or
just for sale items?

I had under 100posts and I was able to post a wanted AD.
Is this new and I missed it?

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
i have been a member since 09 but can't even list a truck for sale because i haven't left a 100 comments yet, who can i talk to about this PROBLEM??
This issue has been :deadhorse: to death several times.

I'm not sure I agree with the magic number being 100 posts either, but I don't own the site...nor do I have to put up with the crap the Mods and owners put up with.

You have been a member for a year and a half basically and haven't posted a hundred times?
I know some folks just read more than anything but I think the general idea is to be active and offer your thoughts on posted topics, post pics of your MV projects etc. You know...sorta participate in the site.

I would sorta say that the 100 post rule to sell something is a way to "earn" the ability to sell your wares in the classifieds. (Thru valuable posts)

The other option is just to pay the advertisers fees, then I guess you can post away on your for sale items.

Not trying to throw you under the bus, but this has ALL been addressed several times.
Just trying to save you some grief.:beer:

Last edited:

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Many places charge to be a member, let alone use the classifieds. If it is too much effort to contact a site owner and see if they can help you, maybe you should move on. SO MANY people think that making a spectacle of themselves is the way to accomplish anything. What a bore. Time to grow up and act like an adult.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Or, you can just B!tch about it 76 times and you'll able to post an add. :grin:

Gimpy, maybe I need to grow up too. :twisted:

KsM715

Sorry for butting in,but would that include wanted items,or
just for sale items?

I had under 100posts and I was able to post a wanted AD.
Is this new and I missed it?

Yes it is a recent change.

Right now I go back and read thru the rules about once or twice a month. ( and I still get things wrong )

197thhhc

You are what is called collateral damage. Other people have ruined it for you. Now just get involved and participate in the site. I think this is a good rule. You need to be an "active" member to reap the rewards.

DAP

Here is what furstrated me I kept looking for the link to post and add and couldn't find it like in the past. I was convinced I was doing something wrong. When I finally found out about the rule change it all made since. Here is a suggestion. On the Classified add section at the top with the xplanatory text add a sentence saying you must have 100 posts in order to place an add. I think that would cut donwn on some of the frustration. Hope this helps the moderators make people happy

zout

I am computer illerate and even I figured out how to post an ad - are you hiring as it appears ya need to replace 2 employee's.

Not to be a smart a** but you can just thank you 75 more times to someones post or something very simple that is beneficial.

I pretty much do not care how many times someone has to post to run a classified ad as most post no prices for what they want for their stuff anyhow so I just look.

Then again if you have been a member here for 2 yrs and have not contributed 100 times maybe a different venue to advertise is in order.

But eh - I am a nobody anyhow and my vote don't count.

odonnys

I have a suggestion. Perhaps the rule can be changed to...You have to be a member for more than 90 days (or something like that) before you can post in the classifieds. That way the people who don't really post in the forums can post classifieds after to alloted amount of time. I don't have any problems with the current rules, I just figured I'd throw my 2cents in.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
On 4-12-2011 this was posted by

Mangus580 site admin.

Quote ;

Honestly, I have heard enough complaining about this. Maybe I should just REMOVE the FREE classified ads?

It was done for a reason. Enough said.

Mike
Steel Soldiers Support Staff
1970 M35A2 W/W
1986 M1009
1952 M37

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks