• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Problems already with ORD

Status
Not open for further replies.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
PB Denise is the wife of the owner. The owner Stepan Watson is very involved. they are a small shop that is out growing its ability for good customer service. there products are great its just the follow through that is lacking some tact.
OK...that explains alot.

BUT...it's not an excuse for rudeness or lack of response IMO.

When I took over this business 16 years ago I was overwhelmed!!
I knew right away I had a problem so I didn't take a paycheck...instead I hired help and I fielded the problems and called folks to let them know when we could get to them.

Now my folks do that...respectfully...or they meet with "The Bear."

Growing pains are natural but you don't want your customers to be the ones in pain!:grin:

Attachments

Last edited:

Cucvnut

Yes WFO imo has way better customer service and they mess up less.

PB your right its not an excuse its just the facts. I refuse to buy from them because of the customer service, not the products they sell.

I sent a message to Stephen Watson on face book hoping he will check this out.

Last edited:

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Yes WFO imo has way better customer service and they mess up less.
PB your right its not an excuse its just the facts. I refuse to buy from them because of the customer service, not the products they sell.
I sent a message to Stephen Watson on face book hoping he will check this out.
I don't think I would have posted his name...heck...he's prolly a good guy...just having problems and growing pains as stated.

I can tell you it's hard getting a business off the ground...especially if ya take one over that has been run into the ground and has a bad rep.

Don't know how long this guys been around but it took me a name change to get rid of the "bad vibes" cause we were at the same address.

It's all better now!:wink:

PB Denise is the wife of the owner. The owner Stepan Watson is very involved. they are a small shop that is out growing its ability for good customer service. there products are great its just the follow through that is lacking some tact.
Yes that DOES explain a lot! Chris seemed OK until he stopped communication but BY FAR the two rudest ones there are Denise and Stephen. She got defensive immediately on the first call and now there's no chance at a civil conversation with her even when I ask for one right at the beginning. Since Steve got handed the phone she probably got him pretty riled up while she had me on hold. Either way his people skills are as bad as hers. You're right, there's no room in this economy for that kind of poor treatment. I'm a small business owner myself and if someone's unhappy with my work I redo it for free, no questions asked. Without return business you are soon nothing.

84, I'll look into WFO for my crossover steering. Thanks. Does anyone else offer zero rate type product? I still need one of these kits for the rear and I hope I can get it somewhere else.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Oh wait, so PB fixes his repeat customer issues fast?

PB, Ronnie hauled my goat up here but it's not drivable you need to fix that! :whistle:

Cucvnut

Yes that DOES explain a lot! Chris seemed OK until he stopped communication but BY FAR the two rudest ones there are Denise and Stephen. She got defensive immediately on the first call and now there's no chance at a civil conversation with her even when I ask for one right at the beginning. Since Steve got handed the phone she probably got him pretty riled up while she had me on hold. Either way his people skills are as bad as hers. You're right, there's no room in this economy for that kind of poor treatment. I'm a small business owner myself and if someone's unhappy with my work I redo it for free, no questions asked. Without return business you are soon nothing.

84, I'll look into WFO for my crossover steering. Thanks. Does anyone else offer zero rate type product? I still need one of these kits for the rear and I hope I can get it somewhere else.
Diy4x makes them

EZ Inch

Also if u call WFO speak to Beau or Trevor.

Stephen

General rules here are:
We screw up, we fix it.
You screw up, we help you fix it.
Fuzzy what happened but there's still a problem, we work out a reasonable way to get the problem solved.

Without a blow by blow which I hope is not necessary here, there was some fuzziness in the email string about what springs to ship. At some point attitudes flared (no fingers pointed at all, things got dumb here) and we ended up replacing the springs. I'm not sure how to make it any more free or easy to get the right part there than the way it worked out. The path to that end I'd prefer not to go through again.

Anyone that feels like they're being grilled over a mis-shipped part, warranty item, etc. should keep in mind that things get screwed up many ways. More often than not we find out that the reason for a problem or return is not the actual problem and we can help stop the chain of problems by just figuring it out. It takes some talking to do that.
Couple examples to illustrate:
Guy orders shackle flip for 1-ton truck. We ship shackle flip for 1-ton truck. Guy calls saying the flip is wrong and the brackets sit too close to the frame. Then we find out the "1-ton" is a 1/2T with a swapped in D60 and a K30 14 bolt that's not going to fit when he gets ready to install it. This guy needs more than just the correct flip to make the project work.

Guy calls up and says his truck rides really stiff and sits low after shackle flip install. We can't figure out the problem but eventually we get pics and there is no shackle installed, the spring is bolted right to the flip bracket. Easy fix, install the shackle rather than return the "defective" part and everyone is way happier.

It would probably be easier to just take the return and get off the phone but we're pretty convinced we can help people build trucks and with 15 years of that system working out, we plan to stick with it.

We're not perfect by any means, we definitely make sure that the parts and support are primary and the nuts and bolts of the business constantly need work and stuff like this sometimes happens. I'd prefer it didn't, I've been worrying over it for nearly a week now. We've put some new business procedures in place to help ensure it doesn't happen again and that's about all we can do at this point.

Well I'd sure rather be a friend than foe. I just want a high quality lift for this truck and I'm looking forward to starting work on it once the rest of the parts arrive. If I have future issues I'd like to be able to talk and get help. I am still looking forward to this project because his M1008 is my kind of truck. I liked my 2500HD but it was too nice to have fun with and this truck fits the bill.

bchesley

Good to hear from you on this matter. I for one had good luck with ORD and had planned on using you in the future. I own a small business and know that things happen. Keep making great parts, and improve where you can. Hopefully that will prevent things like this from getting out of hand. We have a limited supply of aftermarket help for these trucks and need all we can get.

BryanB

My experiences:
I've ordered most of my suspension parts from them for my last two Blazer builds and have had NO issues with any parts or shipping. Stephen has called to talk to me for over 30 minutes discussing options.

I second bchesley's reply..... there's ALOT of ORD hardware on my rig... Stephen, you make and sell quality products... Its resuring to know, you guys stand behing your work, and go that extra mile to ensure all parties involved are, in the end... happy with ORD... and are also trying to improve...( that's a never ending ordeal...) keep at it... we will all get there.....

Cheers...

truck1

I'll add to the fray. ORD supplied all the parts for my 1028 4" lift and they were top quality all the way. When I needed technical assistance they were patient and helpful every time I called(which I tried to keep to a minimum with online research). I'm sorry to hear about other members complaints,but I just wanted to give some credit where in my experience it was due. ORD please keep providing parts and help. I appreciate it.:grin:

sschaefer3

I bought pretty much the entire catalog from them. Including a doubler, steering and anti-wrap bar.

M1008 CUCV Army Truck | Facebook

I never had any issues, I even junk yarded a 1983 K30 205 case with a syncro front output and they sold me all the parts to convert it to normal.

I even talked to Stephen about the King of the Hammers race and the other Arizonans that I know racing in it.

Some things took some time to ship, some did not, if I had a problem it was resolved. They even sent me a 205 poppit nut, you cant get those anymore.

I never had a problem and my truck looks nothing like my avitar anymore.

Steve Schaefer
Tempe, AZ

Cucvnut

I think this is getting out of hand with who does not like ORD and who does. this thread was not meant to turn in to this imo.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
This thread has out run it lifespan.

I'm closing it.

ORD has responded and is working to make it right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks