• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Problems with a NEWSTAR flasher unit..New...anyone else

pfrederi

I picked up a new flasher unit at the Aberdeen show...unfortunately I can't remember who I bought it from. The only reason I needed a new unit was I had taken the one off my M37 to put on a friends M35A2 whose unit had failed.

I put the new unit it on my M37 and when i moved the signal arm the circuit breaker immediately tripped it did this three times. (Put it on the M35A2 and it fried the jumper wire I used to ground it...Obviously unit is faulty.

I am assuming it is a Newstar unit as it has NSN and part number but unlike all the original ones it doesn't show a manufacturer nor have a serial number. (My old one was Swiss controls as was the one on the M35 that had failed.)

Looking around most of the ones you see new are also probably from Newstar so I wonder if this was a one off failure or is there an issue with many of their flasher units. I noted that the terminals were not marked in the rubber inset as the original units were.

gem1410

i had many new star flashers--they all worked but smelled like a dead rat in the heat of the summer--if it smells like a dead rat its a new star--call the distributor-- ss truck parts --perhaps they will give you an exchange

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks