• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Problems with rear lights

2mas-

Hi,

I have a issue with the rear lights, was hoping someone here can help me.

The rear lights are ok before I touch the brake pedal, but when I touch the brake pedal, there is no lights on the lefts side but both bulbs light on the right side. When I let go of the brakepedal the two small bulbs light on both side as they should.

Have tried to check the wiring and the tags match to the wires and I have checked the bulbs and they work

Any tips?

Lazboytt

Hi,

I have a issue with the rear lights, was hoping someone here can help me.

The rear lights are ok before I touch the brake pedal, but when I touch the brake pedal, there is no lights on the lefts side but both bulbs light on the right side. When I let go of the brakepedal the two small bulbs light on both side as they should.

Have tried to check the wiring and the tags match to the wires and I have checked the bulbs and they work

Any tips?
Try and check and clean the ground wires on each light. Worst case use a meter and switch the wires, someone may have spliced the wires or switched them somewhere possibly by the brake switch or other place. Just a thought

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lazboytt

Just a 2nd thought everything runs threw the blinker switch. I had an issue with mine with the blinkers and break lights and once I opened up the blinker switch and cleaned the contacts and bent the prongs a little more so they get better contact it solved my problem.

kc5mzd

Sounds like someone put in the wrong bulbs. Make sure the bulb sockets with 2 contacts have bulbs with 2 contacts. If you put a bulb with 1 contact on it in a 2 contact socket it will short out and do all kinds of weird stuff...