• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Progress on the restoration

67Beast

Well I got the back half of the frame and the dump lift painted today. I sand blasted off the heavy flakes and scale then primed and painted it all 24087 OD green. I pick up my new bed on tuesday and hope to get that cleaned up and painted within the next 2 weeks so that I can get it mounted on. Then it will be on to working on the cab and fixing the 2 rust spots under the doors.

I also sanded the front bumper a bit to find the last set of unit markings on the truck. 2/107 CAV, the Ohio National Guard. It figures, as I was born in Ohio and lived there through my college years before migrating to Michigan. And so it truns out that my M35 has done the same thing.

Low-Tech-Redneck

Yeah, for every 10 minutes of spraying, you need to perform 45 minutes to an hour of sanding prep...... but it IS worth it, nice work!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks