• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Progressive Insurance

Status
Not open for further replies.

greenjeepster

The collector policies assume that the vehicle is valuable to you, and you want it insured against theft, and damage. You assign a value to your vehicle, and if the vehicle is damaged, stolen, or destroyed, you will be compensated up to that value.

That said, they want the vehicle in a locked garage to help prevent theft, vandalism, and damage from the elements. The garage requirement reduces the insurance company's risk, and allows them to keep the rates very low.

-Chuck
I don't care about any of that except being legal to drive it. The progressive guy the other day asked if it was going to be garaged, I told him this wouldn't fit in the garage.

Carl_in_NH

This is why I avoided collector insurance - and went with liability only. Keeps the rates low, yet allows unlimited use. If something happens, however, you're out one cargo truck and will have to fix or replace it yourself. If you paid for full coverage it wouldn't take but a few years of insurance payments to pay for another truck.

greenjeepster

As far as loss due to a wreck is concerned, if you hit something hard enough to actually make it inoperable, you will not be around to worry about replacement.
Just Liability for me:wink:

I wonder if 1-800-safe auto will cover it?

Last edited:

stumps

Anybody know of a short term truck insurance company that will insure a deuce for several days, and not charge an arm and a leg? I found one, Truck Insurance Group, but they wanted $300 for a 3 day policy. I can get a 6 month policy from State Farm for $430.

I need to have my insurance in place before Sunday, and I am no closer than I was a month ago.

-Chuck

Gatnom

This topic recurs continually. We all post the same stuff each time. I tried USAA, (which is who had insured all my vehicles). They said no way to the deuce. Same for State farm and again for Allstate and Travelers. Funny thing is that when I ended up with Gulfway, it is actually a Travelers policy that my local agent could not write. I’ve checked multiple times and that Gulfway policy comes with only one restriction. No commercial use. I can drive it everyday, haul what I want including my lowboy with a backhoe or 933 Cat as long as I’m not doing business,(being paid), to do so. If one thing is for sure here, it’s that there seems to be no standard whatsoever. What your agent is willing to give you is what you get. Shop around, be honest, and ask questions. Just my 2 cents. Keep shopping, and Good luck. Dave

4x4 Forever

Emerald Shellback
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Got liability with State Farm on my M35, commercial, cargo carrier, etc. While we were going over the questions and answer period, the underwriter stated that they would NOT cover the deuce in a parade, go figure. Also, if you wanted to pull a trailer, I would have to notify them prior...other than that, I can use it anyway I wanted.....

boomer

I was wondering, if you got in touch with Flo, told her that you own an m v, offer her a ride, she would enjoy that, and give you free insurance for 1 year. O.K., maybe a very good rate:wink:

stumps

I was wondering, if you got in touch with Flo, told her that you own an m v, offer her a ride, she would enjoy that, and give you free insurance for 1 year. O.K., maybe a very good rate:wink:
I have a feeling, that being an actress, Flo doesn't have much pull with Progressive.

I wish they would honor their online insurance quotes. They said they would insure my deuce with a full personal policy for $241/year. When I called them, they said 23,500 GVW? On a personal policy? NO WAY!

I decided to go with Gulfway. They will let me use any plates I want (historic, farm, regular...). Their policy is a commercial Traveler's policy. I'll have to see how it reads.

-Chuck

panshark

I tried to get insured through progressive, got turned down...tried back a week later (after I realized that the duece WAS sitting on farm property, hence...) and got insurance pretty easy on a 1972 "green farm truck", 13,000 lb weight...I responded to the new customer survey (it's not like I don't have 2 policies already with them) and blasted them for being buggers. Result: phone call from rep assuring that my MV is covered, and will not be cancelled due to being an MV (original reason for rejection). I might have the folllow-up letter still lying around...

TexAndy

I tried to get insured through progressive, got turned down...tried back a week later (after I realized that the duece WAS sitting on farm property, hence...) and got insurance pretty easy on a 1972 "green farm truck", 13,000 lb weight...I responded to the new customer survey (it's not like I don't have 2 policies already with them) and blasted them for being buggers. Result: phone call from rep assuring that my MV is covered, and will not be cancelled due to being an MV (original reason for rejection). I might have the folllow-up letter still lying around...
Get that in writing.

Status
Not open for further replies.