• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Project "Corporal Punishment".

OK, I'm gonna try to keep this as to-the-point as possible but here's my build thread for my soon-to-be bobbed deuce "Missy" A.K.A. "Corporal Punishment".

On The name: A few years ago, Stacy David started a project build 1941 Dodge military truck with 2 and 1/2 ton Rockwell axles and HUGE tires. This truck was named "SGT. Rock". (Still not completed)
A few years later, Ian Johnson on Extreme4X4 built a bobbed deuce called "General Granite".
That episode set was what inspired me to search, find, and procure my 72 KJ M35A2 W/W&Whistler. In keeping with the military name theme with the 2 trucks that helped inspire me, and due to my love for the TV show AMC's The Walking Dead (hence my screen name), The name of my truck was pulled from between. "Corporal Punishment". I was thinking either on the doors or the engine side covers (between the hood and front fenders for the not-so-deuce savvy), a WWII-style bomber girl wearing a set of fatigues (BDUs) with the name patch "Punishment", corporal stripes on the collar, holding an old school spanking paddle, with a zombie bent over a desk and whuppin his rear end.

Since this is gonna be my main thread to keep all who're interested up to date on what happens with my truck, I'm kinda trying to make it a fun read if at all possible. And now without further adeu'........
:beer:

Attachments

The first 2 pics were taken by the previous owner and sent to me after I found this truck listed on craigslist with no pictures.
The following 4 pics were taken at a rest stop just south of Sacramento CA. on RTE 99 Southbound.
The last 3 my wife took as we whistled down RTE 99 South and getting sunburned as we enjoyed the ride. The chihuahua/wirehair terrier mix puppy (Bella) seemed to enjoy the ride and slept most of the way.
:driver:

Sunday the 9th of April found me, Brandy, Bella, and Missy in Gardena CA. visiting some old friends from my old neighborhood. Those first 2 pics were taken by my wife Brandy of my buddy Dan and I tightening the vibration-loostened stack clamp at the J-pipe.
The next 3 pics reflect my frustration at having my truck home only 4 and 1/2 months after finding her and not being able to do anything because of rain. Such is my luck!
After the rain finally let up around the 14th, I was finally able to deal with a couple of the wiring issues my poor neglected deuce suffered from, and got Brandy and her camera out to take a couple pics with our newest family member.
The red Code 3 lightbar came in the back of the truck and is listed on craigslist now. I was thinking of sticking an ad for it here, but I'm not sure if that would be cool as it's not really MV-related.
The Raineer Beer can shifter knob. What can I say but "PREVIOUS OWNER"! The guy likes his beer! I've replaced the shifter knob with something a little more FMV appropriate.
:driver:

Attachments

plym49

I like the two project trucks you referenced in your first post, I like the ideas you have for your truck, I like the name you have picked out, and there it is.

If you want to further the zombie reference, the AKA can be 'Corporeal Punishment'.

:)

Mike929

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm familiar with both of the other projects that you mentioned. I can't believe Stacey still hasn't finished that truck. I started watching gears just to see him finish it, and stopped holding my breath last year.

Good luck on your truck, I look forward to seeing your progress!:beer:

So I finally broke out the Craftsman 209pc. set, got the grill off the deuce today and took a BFH to it to fix the tweaked left side. (which was why the hood sat a little high on the left side) Got it banged back straight and put back on the truck. Then I straightened out the light guard on the dented left fender. I'll try some clamps on a piece of 2x4 and try to straighten out the left fender when I get the chance, but I just had enough time to fix the grill, and fix the wiring to the front marker lights. Someone had chopped the wires off both front markers and took about 4 inches of the harness on each side before I got the truck. Luckily I'm chopping up the M105 in my bed for the bob job on the truck, so I harvested the tail light wires on the trailer to fix my front lights.
I dont know if I'll get anything done tomorrow as the weather folks said we'll be getting rain.
Here's a couple pics of the front end after the first adjustments, the puppy enjoying the bare foam on the driver's seat, and the just-washed floor of the cab showing the sound deadening mat on the firewall. (bonus!)
:beer:

Attachments

OK, I've been outta the loop for a little while but here's an update on Project Corporal Punishment. With my focus on expedience rather than pretty or clean, I bobbed my truck down to a 4X4 in 2 weeks at my buddy's place in San Bernardino. I got her loaded up and we moved back out to the South Bay area where the neighbors hate my big green beast. (like I wasn't expecting that!) lol Oh well, I found a property owner locally who lets me rent a parking space in a fenced yard with dogs for $50 a month. Not too shabby till I get her weighed and re-tagged. More to come soon!

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks