• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Project finally nearing the end

airmech

Finished up the drivetrain this weekend and moved the truck out of the shop to test the trans so i fiquered i'd take a few shots of the progress. It finally looks like a truck again, almost. I stripped the truck down in Aug for a quick clean/fix up and as all projects it kind-of snowballed into more than the orig plan. I picked up a 1987 Suburban for parts because I wanted the 700r4 and banks kit. Then decided as long as I have a good engine block sitting there, rebuild it and have a fresh motor/trans combo. Got that finished and it didn't seem right to put the used turbo kit on a new engine, so got a new kit from Banks. A little mod here,a little might-as-well replace that too there and it didn't take long for my planned 4-5G total to go out the window, but hopefully the truck will last me a long time. I hope to be finished by the end of Dec if all goes well. I haven't decided whether to use the military or civilian bumpers yet, any thoughts?

Attachments

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That is a good looking truck. I second the military bumper painted to match the truck.

sw

airmech

Looks like there's no contest on the bumpers. I was leaning more towards them than the civi. units. I'm thinking stock flat silver on the bumpers with satin black on the brush guard and shackles. If it doesn't look right then maybe all flat silver. Now if I could only get a few semi-warm days to paint.

84cucv1ton

was that at lakehurst nj?? think i remember that one. really nice truck. did you have a shop rebuild the 6.2?? im looking for a place to do the machine work. thanks

airmech

was that at lakehurst nj?? think i remember that one. really nice truck. did you have a shop rebuild the 6.2?? im looking for a place to do the machine work. thanks
This one came from lakehurst, late Jul 08. I had Medford Speed do all the machine work/balancing, I did the assembly. It's a great shop to work with. There is another shop a little north from me that has a lot of experience with these motors. They do all the local military work. Don't remember the name off the top of my head but if you're interested I'll dig up the contact info.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks