• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Project for a purpose and keep with the Mil spec theme

guns1977

I just purchased a duece frame with rear axles and a 14' cargo bed. Im leaning towards keeping the duece axles under it and taking the gears and shafts out. This will be a dual purpose trailer for my 1 ton and m35a2. The height is an issue, could I put bolster rim and tires on it? Im guessing I will need to flip the hubs. Or is there another way to lower it? I wish I could trade up on the 14' bed to a 20' M927 bed. Thanks

tobyS

Did this with my bed, but not using the entire rear clip. I wanted it lower and have a place to put a dump scissor lift.

Did you get a deuce 12' bed (mounted) or a 5 ton 14' bed that someone put on a deuce rear clip?

Pulling with one ton...keep it light. How will you make brakes work ?

Attachments

guns1977

Did this with my bed, but not using the entire rear clip. I wanted it lower and have a place to put a dump scissor lift.

Did you get a deuce 12' bed (mounted) or a 5 ton 14' bed that someone put on a deuce rear clip?

Pulling with one ton...keep it light. How will you make brakes work ?

12' was too short for my hay/hauling, I got a 14' its not mounted to the frame yet. If I can lower it with bolster rims I am going to put a elec over hyd and use the rear axle brakes.