• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Project M109 Begins

lost in the bush

My partner and I brought home his M109A4. When we pulled up by the house, his wife yelled across the yard to put it by the barn. She continued with " I don't want to look at the big ugly thing everyday".
1st image is of truck's first rode trip from their store to their home.
2nd image is Big Momma's first look of her new home.
3rd image is BIg Momma in front og her quarters, however you may notice the door isn't big enough. Mike already has the materials on the way to add a new addition to the side of the barn.

4th and 5th are other views of Big Momma enjoying her new home.

I will try to keep you updates as we work on giving her a complete make over.

Build up will include however no limited to:

• Prep and paint Hot rod Black with matte darl blue accents
  • "DOZH" signage US Department of Zombie Hunters
  • Hard Top with pass thru to box with Box Roof top RV AC routed into Cab (No engine modifications required.
  • Rear of Box to be cut and tuned into a drop door/ramp for Mikes Can AM
  • Back up and side view cameras and 22" monitor in cab,
  • Stereo
  • Laptop mounted on LEO floor cab mount- GBS and Meca
  • Complete re-do of cab including paint, sound proofing, LED lighting, Seating, console, gun mounts for two M4s, hidden compartments for backup handguns and magazines.
  • All exterior lights changed to LED
  • Add 40" Ridge Industries LED to back of box as ans SOB Light and a 50" Ridge industries to the front as a Jesus light.

Interior of box is wide open at this time.. He has not decide to make the int windows and gun mounts or turn into a mobile I.T. Office for him to work off sight ( He gets withdrawal without highspeed internet connections.

And more depending on how wild he gets or if someone makes the mistake of giving hem anothertidea that sends him off in a new direction.

Edit 11:19

Oops! forgot update.. Big Momma started right off, aired up the back tire and on the road. This was our first adventure driving her other than awound the corner. From what little we know she sounded great and cruised at a painting peeling 48 mph. Brakes stopped her every time. I think it is shifting fine, what do we know she goes down the road.

MIke got pulled over twice by LEO - He told them both to go to H--- and dared them write him a ticket. I don not recommed this anyone.. Mike new the two puppy law dogs since he taught them to shoot. They new it was him and just wanted to see Big Momma up close. Next thing I know we have 3 town cars, a State trooper and two county cars around us with their lights flashing. Would have made a great picture, however we did not want to any of the guys in trouble.
PS Mike wanted me to say. Thanks tp Indy 4x4 for stopping by.

Attachments

Last edited:

halftrackkid

Very nice! We just pulled the mobile brake shop box off our M-109 and will repalce it with a troop bed. BUT we will make a double axle trailer out of the box an pull it around. Maybe a camper? Who knows.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks