• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Project Off-Grid M109A3 w/w log

wsucougarx

Repainted truck and sealed the roof.

Well...what started out as just seal a couple spots turned into re-sealing the entire roof...that lead to retouching a couple spots....that lead to well.....repainting the entire truck:???:. After everything was said and done, I rethought what I did. I really should have waited until next spring to have repainted her. Oh well, what's done is done. Now it's time to re-stencil everything.

Attachments

wsucougarx

Sorry, no updates just yet. I still have big plans for her. Darn 5 tons have taken up all my time. Unfortunately, I've got a M35A2C w/w that will need new paint this summer. Looks like that'll take up my time this year.

Okiefromwatonga

I found a handy way to avoid kinking copper lines when bending, just fill with fine sand (clean very carefully afterwards of course). I did this when I re-arranged my RV's propane lines and was able to do some really tight bends. I just taped up one end then used a small funnel to get the sand in, tapped a lot to get it completely full, then tape the other end. You can get pretty violent without worrying about a kink.
Just like they did in the original Flight of the Phoenix movie

Jeepsinker

Never saw the paint posts before. It does really look great. I noticed he never said which paint he used though. I'm just curious because the shades of each color came out perfect.

Jeepsinker

Gotcha. Like I said, it looks great. I'm happy with mine, though the colors are just a hair darker than they should have been. It is tough paint though, and hasn't faded at all yet.