• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Project "shade tree" M1009

wayne pick

I purchased this truck a few weeks ago in upstate NY in a private sale.
I beleive it is an M1009 by the data plate info, but it may be a Mdl cd-10516. The driver side door may not be original. I have seen The Mdl cd-10516 trucks with chrome trim parts like the grill and mirrors.

Im calling truck project "shade tree" because the three previous owners of this truck had little or no mechanical ability. It's evident by the almost 6in body lift, Three inch blocks, and two hockey pucks per mounting point. Yea, hockey pucks!aua A sloppy 12v conversion, with the risistor hooked into the 12v system, a push button starter and a GP card by-pass.

It does have two new alts, a new or rebuilt IP, a rebuilt starter that was bolted to the block with one cross threaded 3/8 rod. New battery's and GP solinoid. It has major floor pan and rocker panel rust issues.

It starts right up with clean exhast and no blue or black smoke, and has no blow-by. It has 99K showing on the odometer. I think the engine may have been rebuilt at some point, so the true mileage may be 199K.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks