• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Project time again - quickie

zout

Couple odd ball screws to cut off yet that have no business being there.

The Grille - the verticle slats at the bottom are smashed in from what I would guess would have been a winch mounted and welded onto the front bumper. I have all the excess welds cut off and ground down along with the inside of the top bumper that was nasty looking. The lower section of the grille where its mount is as well is smashed in.

Owner does not want to stick the money in it for a new grille (remember lost cost clean up look) so I am going to air saw the dented sections of the vertical slats and make splices in them building 6 fake ones - weld them in just to look good. Got a little welding where the wheel wells meet the floor in the back as well - the whole inside and roll bar gets the liner on it - dash and windshield will be the OD green.

zout

Quickie my butt - couple things just need to be done besides what the owner wants - just would not be proper.
Into 2k bare metal primer tonight - front grille is what I am talking about - might as well make a custom grille out of it seeing as he is cheap and I get a free pass to do what I want.

Tried talking him into YELLOW rims - Yellow rollbar - Yellow Bikini top and put the rest into flat black paint - why do folks just not have any taste anymore ?????
DSCN0256.jpgDSCN0257.jpgDSCN0258.jpgDSCN0259.jpgDSCN0260.jpg

zout

Got the grille re-fabbed - should be able to get the finale done this weekend with the paint and liner coating to the interiorDSCN0261.jpgDSCN0262.jpgDSCN0263.jpgDSCN0264.jpgDSCN0265.jpgDSCN0265.jpgDSCN0266.jpg

zout

Really have to watch how you thin this out with water to spray. Its not like spraying normal paints that evaporate quickly. This stuff will run on you when your not paying attention - what you think looks like a good coat might turn into a run - so thin and spray carefully (lots of air pressure and back off on the volume of paint coming out of the gun - leave the fan spray normal).

What you get when done with the Marquee brand is that no dust or dirt sticks to it - you cannot adhere decals to it because they will not stick - you need to paint them on.

Its a new world and a new perspective of a product - you just have to be able to learn it - and through the years I have had to learn a lot of new proceedures - spray it right and it is the way to go.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Wow...this is prolly the fastest project yet!!:beer:

Hmmm...let's see....what project can I find for when Adam's M37 is done...:whistle:

Last edited:

zout

Thanks considering I did not work on it for 3 days waiting - I doubt I have another project in me after finishing the 37 = other things I need to evaluate here on this end.

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Getting the viscosity right was the biggest problem we had with the Behr too. The only saving grace was that if it ran you just wiped it off and shot it again. It was the only way to get Sinai Grey for the IDF M37 though.