• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Project time once again Swiss's CUCV

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sweet :) The Panzer Tiger CUCV lives.

The second coat does look different on screen, darn now I will have to do a drive by againaua

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Check out the finish on the boat! This was my distraction yesterday using some of the compounds recommended by Commander Z :)

Yahooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Commander do I pass the test??

Ouchy I did grind down the boat, if you look in the picture it disappeared :naner:

Attachments

zout

I had no doubt that stuff I gave you would not do that - unless ya totally screwed it up. That tank you posted - it sure appears to have much more brown/black tinting in it - and again its in an entire different lighting as well. Noticed a lot of stuff on my first MV trip to Huntsville with PB and the gang how the stuff in the auditorium appeared much different in color as well. Garage is all closed up for drying and my buddy dropped off the stuff to get the topper done as well who makes and sells all those products.

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That tank you posted - it sure appears to have much more brown/black tinting in it - and again its in an entire different lighting as well.
Do you know how hard it is to find a picture of a Tiger in Dunkelgelb RAL 7028? I guess that is what happens when you loose a war, no equipment, no pictures seem to be left over.

The color is awesome on the truck!!!

Last edited:

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
The color MATCHES SWISSs m62, up to now, I had to have the color custom mixed, though after reading zourts review, It may be still be easier to go the custom mix route for touch up then deal with the trick paint that Swiss got for Dave.

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The color MATCHES SWISSs m62, up to now, I had to have the color custom mixed, though after reading zourts review, It may be still be easier to go the custom mix route for touch up then deal with the trick paint that Swiss got for Dave.
You mean this M62?

Attachments

zout

Well - its like PB's WC - when I am working on them I love studying and searching details - so here is a color chart of variance an another vehicle which I believe to be in Swiss's chosen color scheme - decide for yourselves:Dg-7028.jpgkubelwagen_hooded.jpg

zout

Sorry - just left Cheers with Cliff and Norm - they made me do it: Following the First World War, Germany was one of the first countries to introduce mass-produced camouflage, and to apply consistent designs to military vehicles. It was not until the Second World War that camouflage development truly blossomed as a science and an art. Not only was Germany one of the original nations to implement military issued camouflage, but it was unequivocably the most prolific developer and user of camouflage designs during WW2. Both the German Wehrmacht (Army) and the Waffen-SS were issued a wide vareity of camouflage uniforms during the war, with many of the German designs later having significant influence on the camouflage patterns adopted by other nations. Many would consider the German camoufleurs of the 1940s to be the fathers of 20th century camouflage design, although in fact they must share that credit with developers from certain other nations as well.

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Cool I just found a new statistics tool in the site!

Check this out, Zout and Swiss are neck in neck with the PAPA Bear chasing them down hard. The Tinswoodman is falling behind, afraid of his shadow (Scarecrow wizard of oz came to mind,) actually he is to busy working on his truck :) and the Warthog is hunting for somebody to BAN! Recovery is still in recovery mode and not left the scene of the last breakdown. PCTRAN got hung up in his boom and has been left behind on the trail. Ferro and EMD must be off on some great adventure and do not have time to post. 73M819 has to get out of the wheel chair to type so he gets a pass!

What a county :)

Total Posts 169Who Posted?

Last edited:

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
But how many times can I threaten to ban someone AND talk about baby poop?

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
But how many times can I threaten to ban someone AND talk about baby poop?
Sounds like a normal parent to me :)

-get off the phone
-turn off the computer
-clean your room
-get down here now
-what are you doing now

and by the way change your brothers diapers

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Swiss, you are to post statistics what Zout is to body work. Need to stop work on my WC and concentrate on the post count. :lol:

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Swiss, you are to post statistics what Zout is to body work. Need to stop work on my WC and concentrate on the post count. :lol:
Keep working on the WC, there is more than enough posts flying around here and you have plenty to do :)

The world needs another beautiful restored WC! You get a pass also. The funny thing is when I see your avatar I keep seeing the scarecrow from the wizard of oz instead of the tin woodsman who needs a heart. Now more interesting is the fact that they find the tin woodsman rusted but tin does not rust. Bad story telling

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hah! now caught up to EMD567!

That is an interesting color. I thought I had seen it somewhere before, then you mentioned the M62. I like how it is 'German' paint with 'U.S. One Gallon' printed under it. still winning 70+ years later. LOL.

zout

At least half my posts are legitimate from posting pictures - the other half are shear blah blah blah and you can blame me for them but I will not be responsible. One I know for sure was shear baby poop.

Going to finish off that Imperial Gallon (PB no pun intended) and clean it up in side - I bet there is rust in the interior of that can from all the debris I filtered from it upon mixing - talk about a high solid paint - not the way to achieve it with rust. But then again - the paint should have came out more with a brown tint EH aua

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hah! now caught up to EMD567!

That is an interesting color. I thought I had seen it somewhere before, then you mentioned the M62. I like how it is 'German' paint with 'U.S. One Gallon' printed under it. still winning 70+ years later. LOL.
Hah-- Just got passed.........nanny nanny boo boo.
I have to admit- You will know it's swiss with that off tan mustard looking color. Just like you know it's EMD567, when the truck just keeps passing, passing, passing you.:mrgreen:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks