• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Prop Adventures

DLJIII

Hello Folks,
What do you think of my new prop?
20170729_184730.jpg20170729_192713.jpg
I have made three of these, the one on my truck is the prototype.
The two newer, what I call Generation 2 and Generation 3 have improvements.
The local cops loved it and I think, if I would have had one a couple of weeks ago.
I would have cracked the 3rd place ranking at one of the local car shows.
Has anyone else built such things?
Any suggestions?
Thanks

riderdan

Looks pretty good.

I think that if you add more detail it will help with the realism. But from 20 feet away, I don't think the lack of detail is too noticeable. If you want more info about adding details, there are lots of sites on the 'net with drawings of the ma deuce, including dimensioned drawings. If you have trouble finding them, PM me with your email, I have a copy somewhere.

A couple of times I've been tempted by those resin castings of M2s, but I have a lot of other stuff to do to the truck before I spend money on one of those.

Anyway, cool work

DLJIII

Thank you, that was the prototype, the second and third are much better.
It is to scale, I found dimensions and built it. Honestly, I was worried about putting too much detail into it at first.
I didnt want a swat team rolling up to my house or some nervous cop plugging me on traffic.
20170730_131041.jpg20170730_130918.jpg A little more detail and the more I make the better they get.

I am going to finalize a hinged top plate, I want a actionable charging handle somehow and a depressed trigger action.
It is nothing but smiles when you stand behind one and swing that barrel. You cant help but make little boom boom noises hahaha.
They got yanked off ebay, I posted them this morning and both got msgs and bids and an hour later Ebay removed the listing.
Apparently, those ebay monitors in india or pakistan do not know what prop, pvc or plywood is.
An email said, I violated the assault weapons policy. I filed an appeal and listed them on a few facebooks groups and sold one instantly.
So, look out ohio a very nice gentlemen is going to have one of these mounted on his fishing boat.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks