• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Proper generator grounding

Guyfang

Staff member
That's the thing! Yes there were doors. But someone, (the owner for instance) punched holes in the bottom of the box, to bring more cables in. Didn't plug the holes. The whole place was a mess. I felt sorry for the pigs there.

Another time, I was working in a building doing an entire distribution room. Huge building, for making prestressed, prefab concrete "things". Everything from bridge parts, the compleat buildings, put together like legos. It was early in the building phase. Cold as all get out. -20 celcius, during the day. We did the complete installation, and then when ever another machine came in, ran the cable, and hooked it up. One day, the temperature went up, and stayed there. And did the place stink!! Something died big time. We looked all over, couldn't find anything. You needed a gas mask. and it went on for ever. Every once in awhile, the temp would sink, and the smell went away. One dad, we had to add some more racks, and extend the distribution panels. I shut things down and took a big breath before going in. We took the Buss Bar covers off, and found our culprit. A big fat rat, had walked across the, (550 amp fuse) L3 buss bar. He decided to climb up higher, and used his front paws to grab the L2 Buss Bar. As you might guess, that didnt work out so well for him. It kinda form fit, shrink wrapped him to L3. Not a pretty sight. With some careful maneuvering, we got the cadaver off the buss bar, and into a box. Out it flew through the window! For weeks it stank like road kill in there.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks