• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Pros and Cons of a m923 to a m923A2

Over

yessir it does an hx40 from holset. they went with a smaller turbo motor vs a large natrually aspirated motor. great improvement
the dual tires look at a rock and they blow up yes you can run with one blown out but that tire will soon blow out. the 14.20s do better and the 16.20 xzls are unbeatable. i had blow outs on 14.20s both michelins and good years run with them dead flat and they rip and fall apart. the xzls can run for a while with no air. all depends on you and what you use your truck for we all have our opinions no ones right or wrong. me i use my trucks as water trucks my 5 tons are for 5 ton loads of course but i load them with more than 16 tons of water. with xzls for those people who are going to say there too big for these trucks i don't have a problem.
Duallys on my mining road did not like rocks. But I have to be careful of sidewall damage on the 14.20's because the road is narrow and full of rocks. Had a rear go and what a pain in the ass changing that sucker. On pavement is 8 tons of water to much (8 x 275 gal cubes with the last 2 half on the tail gate? Running 14.20's aired to 55psi.
Update: Answered my own question. 2300 gal water on pavement is fine but the tanks out on the tailgate caused the truck to bring the nose up a little. If it was centered with say a single big tank it would be better. For me 8 tons+ is my comfort limit on pavement.

Last edited: