• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Prototype fiberglass airdrop cab 6x6 truck

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
That would be pretty neat. Probably just reinforced fiberglass though. I have seen other odd prototype things come out of the Ohio area over the years.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I saw that. Looks like uncle gave the idea thumbs down. Would be nice to reassemble a LVAD 5 ton, but a M1081 would have to be sacrificed to do so. Probably just good for parts?

utahpow

I saw that one today, congrats on the purchase. The photos seem to show no steering column, etc yet in the build-out but it was difficult to tell 100%. I'm excited to hear the rest of the story as you experience it

DiverDarrell

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes nice score!! I hope you post more photos when you get it in hand. Id like to know how far they progressed this too. Personally im thinking this was a mock up for the armored cabs, hence the flat sides. Way cool truck you have, would be cool to see it finished.

wandering neurons

Saw that listed yesterday, glad it went to someone who can appreciate it. My thought thought: you've got a whole heap of work ahead of you. Will be interested to hear how it goes!

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
If I make it a runner it would probably be by swapping on a regular cab. I just dont have time to fab up the fancy cab on it. Would be neat though. Im sure I can find someone with more time than me who wants the cab.

tobyS

Wasn't there a finished out cab, same as this, seats and all that sold on GL not long ago? Had steering column but no steering wheel. I didn't think it was composite, but couldn't tell.

tobyS

Not sure I know the difference. I could be mistaken. Computer took a dump so can't go back to see.

FloridaAKM

Send it to somebody down here in Florida to use in the sun & sand, or out to Arizona for that matter; just not to me as I already have a M1081 with no turrent cover.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
Its here. Def fiberglass. Real light cab and a bit roomier than the original metal ones. Says prototype on some paperwork that was with it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks