• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

prototype jeep maybe?

retired wrench

A bout 40 years ago I was at an auction where there was a jeep for sale. I looked under the hood and it had the 4 cyl Ford engine in it. I knew Ford made jeeps and assumed they used their engines. Years passed and I learned a little more of the jeep history and now I wonder what I was looking at. If I remember right they only made 4 or 5 of the prototypes with ford engines and I cant see them getting out to the public.??????

retired wrench

32r2 thats what this one had,,,a Ford tract engine. I knew they put a few in prototypes but was not aware they used them in regular production. Maybe Willys was swamped for a while.

SETOYOTA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The tractor engine was used in the ford gp only not the standardized Willys/gpw wwii jeep. There were about 4500 ford gp s built. I have owned one.

ABN173

I forget the owner but he is up in the Pacific Northwest / WA area, the story is this was a prototype jeep vehicle that was never put into production. It mostly used 151 parts.

-Dale

Attachments

Last edited: