• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Proud American

Red523rd

[h=3]Proud American Guntruck[/h]by ProudAmerican » Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:38 pm
The Proud American Guntruck (Tribute truck) was selected as the Military Vehicle of the Month by members of the Steel Soldiers Website. I think that is quite appropriate as she (the original) was lost in an ambush in March 1971....43 years ago.

Some of you know the 523rd folks in the pics.

Attachments
100_3810.jpg (25.74 KiB) Viewed 6 times
100_3348.jpg (24.89 KiB) Viewed 6 times
ProudAmerican Site Admin Posts: 85 Joined: Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:26 am Location: Columbus. Georgia Branch & Unit: US ARMY..Infantry - many different Infantry units
Not a Vietnam Veteran or a real Guntrucker Years Served: 1971 - 1992 Guntruck Names: Built the Proud American Tribute truck...well actually our group (CAMO) did. I just got the truck and stuff!! Brief Bio: Nothing special to tell about me. Just a plain ole Infantry soldier...mostly Light Infantry...some mechanized, air assault(101st) and air mobile(9thID).
No combat duty and no war stories...just stood to be counted for a long time and God watched over me REAL well!

Met Uglyranger a few years ago and he joined our little group..Columbus Antique Militaria Organization(CAMO). He finally started opening up a little and started telling us a little about Guntrucks and ther crews.
When he told the story of Proud American...we just had to build a Tribute Proud American. She is NOT a replica but pretty darn close if ya don't look too hard.

Uglyranger and Calvin Bennett said she was close enough and that's good enough for me!!
[HR][/HR][h=3]Re: Proud American Guntruck[/h]by red523rd » Sat Mar 29, 2014 6:02 am
ATTA BOY CAMO CREW,
#_@)_!(&!

Robert-Thorne.jpg (6.33 KiB) Not viewed yet

RIP Horney Toad Thorne

April Fool 4-1-1950

Happy Birthday

He will always be 20 to me----as LT Said---

For What It's Worth.....His favorite song was written on the door....After he Gave The Ultimate Sacrifice.....Psalm 54...

YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN

Vietnam-Veterans-Day-300x225.jpg (24.48 KiB) Not viewed yet

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks