• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Proud Americans

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Today was probably the best day of my life.

Uglyranger(SS) Calvin Bennett (Original builder of Proud American Guntruck and rear gunner) and Danny Cochran, Ace of Spades GT, converged on the CAMO compound and participated in an annual Medal of Honor Ceremony here in Columbus, Georgia.

It Just don't get better than that folks: here's some pics:

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hats off to Larry and the CAMO crew for always stepping up. Larry, you and the crew are PROUD AMERICANS!

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Thanks. I know I was suppose to come down but playing Mr Mom this weekend unexpectedly. F!!!!!!!!!!! That would have been a real honor.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
To me, it's all about training/teaching the young folks. Making sure they know what their freedom costs, and who pays for it with all they have to offer.

There were young men and women from the Army, Airforce, Navy, Marines and the Coast Guard representing those services present at the ceremony.
Before the ceremony they could be seen reading the citation on each of the five plaques and I could see what I thought was a drastic change come over each one of them.
The smiling and giggling stopped and was replaced by a quiet resolve to do the best they could do when the ceremony started.

The large patch on the back of our CAMO jackets says..."THE NATION WHICH FORGETS ITS DEFENDERS WILL ITSELF BE FORGOTTEN".

Here's a few pics of the young folks in action:

Attachments

sandcobra164

PB, you told me it was a seafood fest, you never said anything about MOH honor's. I would have gladly came earlier and yes, I'm still that younger crowd that still need's educating. I truely believe we've shared some of the same ordeals being veterans and what not, I still think I can learn a thing or two from the generation that preceded mine. I'll post some pic's of me and Calvin later. What an HONOR to be photo'd next to the truck you built and the idea in his head that was never built due to lack of time in Vietnam. I'm even more ready to drive "The Pround" to the GT rally in Louisville, I just need some Vietnam era fatigues to fit the image. Let me know if you find some, I'd be honored and pleased to drive this impressive piece of history again.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
PB, you told me it was a seafood fest, you never said anything about MOH honor's. I would have gladly came earlier and yes, I'm still that younger crowd that still need's educating. I truely believe we've shared some of the same ordeals being veterans and what not, I still think I can learn a thing or two from the generation that preceded mine. I'll post some pic's of me and Calvin later. What an HONOR to be photo'd next to the truck you built and the idea in his head that was never built due to lack of time in Vietnam. I'm even more ready to drive "The Pround" to the GT rally in Louisville, I just need some Vietnam era fatigues to fit the image. Let me know if you find some, I'd be honored and pleased to drive this impressive piece of history again.

Joe...that's EXACTLY why we try to include you in every event we can. Not only are you a young Veteran, you have the heart and the drive to continue the mission.
I THOUGHT I told you about the Medal of Honor Ceremony...well...you know I have issues...sorry.

One correction though...Proud American was built...by Calvin and Robert Thorne...in Vietnam...she was just never lettered.
Read the story Driver523 posted in the Guntruck Forum.

Uniform is no problem...we have original stuff...you and Uglyranger can fit...the rest of us are too fat!!!:roll:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks