• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Proud new owner of M923A1

TiGWolf

I just picked up this critter Friday evening. After spending about 4 hours crawling in, on, over, under, and in-between everything, I acquired it. The last MWO applied was in June 2010, and is in terrific shape. This truck has been gone through fairly thoroughly. All the fluids are pristine, it received a new engine, tranny, and transfer case very recently. Everything is tight mechanically.

Check out the pics!
Ask any questions you wish and I'll try to answer them.

Attachments

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just as an FYI, that truck is not an A1. It is an M923. You can tell by the dual 1100 tires. Also, the 1984 build year confirms this. IF it has an A1 data plate, that just means they used one when they overhauled it. I am pointing this so you get the info correct on the title...unless you would just prefer to match the data plate. Personally, I'd prefer to get the correct data plate. Nice truck!

builderboy

did you purchase this thru GL ? If so When did you win the auction. Just curious, not trying to high jack the thread. Ihave been waiting since the 13th of jan. for my euc to clear. Glad to hear your truck has just been gone thru and then sold to you !!

ARYankee

Just as an FYI, that truck is not an A1. It is an M923. You can tell by the dual 1100 tires. Also, the 1984 build year confirms this. IF it has an A1 data plate, that just means they used one when they overhauled it. I am pointing this so you get the info correct on the title...unless you would just prefer to match the data plate. Personally, I'd prefer to get the correct data plate. Nice truck!
What changes make it an A2, A3, etc?

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Huge congrats on the new truck tigwolf I recently picked up a 925 and love it, your truck looks mighty nice and they are one of the nicest driving MVs I have ever experienced, good luck with it and you will have lots of fun with this one!
KK

Bighurt

basic - A1 is really just tires
A1 - A2 is engine

So

basic - A2 is Engine and tires.

I break it down completely in another thread. All three (basic, A1, A2) M939 series trucks are covered in the same manual, so there is not enough to justify a different set of tech data.

There is no A3.

TiGWolf

Thanks for the info. The army shipping label said a1 so I assumed it was. There is a lot to learn with all the little differences and accessories. This is my first MV, but I have operated trucks and other heavy equiptment (mostly civlian) , and probably would not have picked up one if I didn't have some xp with heavy machines.

Attachments

Last edited:

TiGWolf

did you purchase this thru GL ? If so When did you win the auction. Just curious, not trying to high jack the thread. Ihave been waiting since the 13th of jan. for my euc to clear. Glad to hear your truck has just been gone thru and then sold to you !!
I bought it thru a humvee parts contractor for military. Company is called Kascar out of Greenville, SC

They have another 923 and if anyone is interested, pm me and I'll send you the contact info.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for the info. The army shipping label said a1 so I assumed it was. There is a lot to learn with all the little differences and accessories. This is my first MV, but I have operated trucks and other heavy equiptment (mostly civlian) , and probably would not have picked up one if I didn't have some xp with heavy machines.
Yeah, I have an M928A2 that has the same sticker on it that says the truck is an M923!

Basically, here are the main differences...
M939
NHC250 Cummins
Allison auto tranny
1100x20 tires

M939A1
NHC250 Cummins
Allison auto tranny
1400x20 tires

M939A2
6CTA 8.3l Cummins
Allison auto tranny
1400x20 tires
CTIS
(A2s have some A2-specific parts like air intake to the turbo and exhaust from turbo, and some other misc. things)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks