• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Providing Magna Sine Inverter with MEP power

cbisson

Found one!! Great price too. Got the 4448PAE, the interconnect panel, remote, BMK, and auto gen start module. Only things still on back order are the PT100 charge controller for solar and the back panel that the inverter and interconnect mount to. Very happy with the price. About 50 bucks over the price Kloppk mentioned. Also picked up qty 4 48v 100 Ah rack mount batteries. They had just received 9 of the inverters on the day I called. Got lucky.

My thanks to those of you that did some digging on my behalf. I'll be looking to you Kurt for one of your 2 wire autostart/wifi kits soon. Lot's of pre-staging and testing to do before the permanent config and installation. Next up will be 2 more batteries for a total of 600 Ah at 48v and some solar panels. Goal is to run the gen for 4-6 hours a day at 80% load charging the batteries for 24 hours of power instead of running it 12 hours a day at 15-20% load for 12 hours of power and 12 hours of darkness. We'll see how it goes but it looks good on paper.
Kurt,

Quick question. Does your 2 wire auto-start work with a start command derived from a constant on signal from an on/off switch or relay (closed circuit = on / open circuit = off) or is it a momentary closed circuit to command a start and then another momentary closed circuit to command a stop?

I suspect the former but want to make sure. I'm figuring out how to wire the AGS-N gen controller. Looks like 2 wire standby mode is going to do the trick. I'll need to make a control cable to run between the gen and the AGS-N controller.

kloppk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Simply connect my two 2-Wire Start wires to the relay or switch contacts. Set the AGS-N to utilize the 2-wire constant mode.
A pic from the AGS-N manual. One of these modes where RY1 is closed during the generator run period.
1644505372171.png
When the contacts CLOSE and remain closed the Remote Start will initiate the generator start sequence, allow the generator to warm up and then close the generators contactor.
When the contacts OPEN and remain open the Remote Start will initiate the generator open the generators contactor, allow the engine/gen head to cool and then stop the generator.

cbisson

Simply connect my two 2-Wire Start wires to the relay or switch contacts. Set the AGS-N to utilize the 2-wire constant mode.
A pic from the AGS-N manual. One of these modes where RY1 is closed during the generator run period.
View attachment 858566
When the contacts CLOSE and remain closed the Remote Start will initiate the generator start sequence, allow the generator to warm up and then close the generators contactor.
When the contacts OPEN and remain open the Remote Start will initiate the generator open the generators contactor, allow the engine/gen head to cool and then stop the generator.
Thanks Kurt. The 2-wire standby mode simplifies things because there is no "run" sense signal required between the Gen and the controller. The inverter senses the incoming AC voltage from the gen and communicates that to the controller. The controller accepts this as its "run" sensed condition.

Alternatively, if my current plan doesn't work, I'll use the + side of the hour meter as the "run" sense signal to the controller.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks