• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

PSA: Check your bolts, esp. the shocks.

Gripy

Yesterday I had the wonderful experience of pushing my M1008 home. I was lucky that it was only 2 blocks away.
The passenger side shock; the top bolt shook loose and fell out causing the shock to go up and crack my hard fuel line.

Today I saw it was cracked above and below the T-connector that you find on the passenger side by the shock. My plan was to replace the whole tubing but I could not get the tube to unscrew so I cut off the tubes a little past their cracks and used a rubber fuel line and 2 hose clamps to replace the cut out piece.I was going to keep the T-connector ( part#8 pg 22-1, TM-34P )
But, I wasn;t sure about whether or not it leaks since I saw it was wet with fuel. I also secured the fuel rubber line to the frame with a zip tie to keep it from rubbing anything.

ETA: moral of the story is: if you hear a new rattling sound, Don't ignore it hoping it will go away. Well, it did go away eventually

• :wink:

Last edited: