• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

PTO install question

wcolt45

Im ready to install my winch pto and have a few dumb questions,should a sealer be used with gaskets,or gaskets alone?and i have a few different gaskets,paper and cork,the cork being thickest,any advantage to either as long as the backlash is correct?

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don't use sealer. I don't think it would hurt anything but it would make for a mess because you will more than likely have to install/remove several times to get the backlash right.

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don't use sealer. I don't think it would hurt anything but it would make for a mess because you will more than likely have to install/remove several times to get the backlash right.
Ditto You could use sealer, but don't use it until you know how many gaskets you need for the backlash. I don't use sealer on mine.