• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

PTO on M35A3 tranny

tobyS

Hear are a couple of pictures of the PTO with direct mount pump on the A3 Allison 1545 tranny. I thought the reverse pressure switch was going to interfere, and it's close, but no problem. As for the reverse switch, what does it do on this model?

I don't think I want additional back lights and back-up alarm being a full time thing (hooked into the OEM system) unable to be silenced or dimmed, so I wonder if T-ing and a second switch used for them, would be a worthy addition? Direction of the wires coming out could be changed then.
On my A3, unlike a 5 ton, the air activation would not have to contend with the exhaust. Hmmm? The one photo has the shift mechanism removed, which has to be done to access the top bolts. It has to come off again for me to install studs on the bottom 2 side bolts.

Since this is a PTO that is normally used on the 939 series (and I bought a "lot" of them from GL), I have postings in the 5 ton threads also, but the pictures below are mated to the AT1545 for the deuce.

Allison suggests a support bracket at the back for more than a 40lb pump. I'm close, so will make a bracket.

Attachments

grendel

Clear some PM space or shoot me a number to call you on :).

I want one of your direct mount pto/pump set ups to get rid of the shaft mount pump on my M932A2.

tobyS

Clear some PM space or shoot me a number to call you on :).

I want one of your direct mount pto/pump set ups to get rid of the shaft mount pump on my M932A2.
I opened space on the PM.

I don't know if you are interested in the setup above, with the pump, but it's going up for sale because it has more flow than I want for a plow. It is about the same displacement as the 925 and 929...about 4.0 cu in/rev.

But I have not put one (like it) on my 931A2 to know if that pump fits in the space available. It does on the M35A3. The above pump is about as large of a PTO (that mounts to an Allison) should have. Next one is going to be half that displacement and will be just a bit smaller outside. If you want for a crane, army winch, or to run most military accessories...it's perfect.

Cell is 574-835-8324 and email seilertechco@yahoo.com