• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

PTO

mangus580

My dad used one to power a hydro pump for his wood splitter years ago... (on a 203, same PTO though)

btw... get your truck going?

SsjSned

not yet, plan to have the starter checked in the mean while im just testing and checking wires and tightening/fixing connections. A little over my head since im new to this electrical stuff but Ill keep at it.

mangus580

I wish I had time to stop last weekend... it didnt work out. Its possible, that I might be able to swing down in a couple weeks. My father in law has houses he rents in Milford, and he plans to be there around Aug 18, so we might come down for a visit.

What do you want to use a PTO for?

Taz

My 1031 (contact maintanence) trucks use a PTO off of the 205 to drive a 12 KW generator which powers an air compressor and welder as well as the service panel with multiple outlets. I thin k the output on the PTO can be swapped around so that it faces fowards to drive a winch or whatever.

mangus580

Power Take Off

it allows you to add mechanically powered devices to your truck. I should comment, one problem with automatic trucks is getting them into gear. Usually, you end up turning the truck off to engage them.