• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

PTO

albion

Hello, i just got a duece and want to modify it into a dump bed. The problem is finding a rear facing pto for the trans. I found one at Memphis equipment but it is $1200,used. That seems pretty steep, is there a domestic pto part number that will work on these transmissions, the bolt pattern is standard. Thanks, EXCELLENT SITE. Albion

jwaller

the dump deuces had rear facing PTO's. keep your eyes open on eby they come up from time to time. you could always just use an electric pump and not have the hassle of PTO's.

Twinpinion

I have a NOS one. Never used. Rear facing output is single speed, forward facing output is two speed. I don't think I'm gonna use it. Make me an offer.

albion

I'm a nubie, what is NOS? So if i understand correctly this has a forward facing shaft that has 2 speeds and a rear facing shaft that is single speed. Do i have that right? Thanks Albion

sermis

Re: RE: PTO

Twinpinion said:
I have a NOS one. Never used. Rear facing output is single speed, forward facing output is two speed. I don't think I'm gonna use it. Make me an offer.
Is it foward revers in both the front and rear? I am looking at adding a rear winch to my truck.

Capt.Marion

RE: Re: RE: PTO

"new old stock" it means it is original production, not new, like from the 70s or what ever, but has never been used. Things that are NOS often arrive covered in cosmoline, still wrapped in original packaging.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
RE: Re: RE: PTO

I have a "dumping" deuce with an elctric pump, as opposed to a PTO driven pump and it works very well, albeit slow.

Also beneficial in that you can raise and dump the bed without having to start the engine.

Twinpinion

Re: RE: PTO

sermis said:
Twinpinion said:
Is it foward revers in both the front and rear? I am looking at adding a rear winch to my truck.
Then you will likely want the transfer case-mounted PTO.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks