• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

PTO's

Barrman

Will a 3052 or 3052A transmission PTO bolt up and work on the M35's transfer case? I have two of everything except winches. Just one of those. I was thinking about a rear winch and started wondering what parts I would need to collect to make it work.

Thanks.

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
No on working on the transfer case. I bought a dual output PTO for the dump on my deuce.

Rear output is the shaft to the right in picture.

Dennis

Attachments

Last edited:

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
TheBuggyman said:
Clark Truck added what they call an accessory drive (rear output) to my five ton's PTO, I think they told me that they could add it to my Deuce PTO also before I found one on Ebay.
Yes, only the rear output section is the same for deuce and 5ton and it can be added without removing PTO/tranny.
2.5 and 5ton PTOs are same size but not interchangeable.
Deuce tranny PTO (numbers are Mod# 303454 3 or ORD 7061137), front output only: WN-7-28, double output: WND-7-28. See manual TM 9-2520-246-34.

T-case PTO is P-136-C.

Barrman

Does anyone remember how Tom, Spicergear, did his PTO's? He had a front winch on his Blue Duece and then he added the hydraulic crane in the middle. When I was at his place in March, he was mounting up a rear winch.

Thanks for the numbers on the PTO's guys.

DDoyle

Supporting Vendor
IIRC - there is some sort of interference between the alignment to the output of the deuce accessory drive and a crossmember. Check this before spending money.

Regards,
David Doyle

Barrman

David, thanks for reminding us of things that will really hurt once the money is all spent. Big help.

Dennis, can another PTO be piggy backed onto the one you pictured? It has the 6 bolt cover and I just started thinking.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thinking Tom used a transfer case PTO. I offered him a dual output deuce PTO and he didn't need it.

BFR

Rocket Surgeon
Barrman said:
Dennis, can another PTO be piggy backed onto the one you pictured? It has the 6 bolt cover and I just started thinking.
the tranny pto is pretty close to the driver's side frame rail (like 2" max)

...also the side of the tranny where the pto bolts on is vertical, the cover on the pto (when mounted) is close to 45 degrees "faces" up[/code]

country

Supporting Vendor
Transmission PTO can accept an Accessory drive as mentioned above. it is a one directional PTO, typically used to run a pump of some sort, as the speed will be determined by the engine RPM

This accessory drive will also fit on the 5 ton PTO for the winch

Both point to the rear of the trucks

We have a few of the Transfer case PTO's. their speed is determined by selecting a transmission gear and putting the transfer case in neutral, then set the throttle, and you have 5 speed options. many times this PTO has a gear on it and runs a chain to a pump or other gear box

we also have a few Hydraulic winches, with pump, tank, valves, lines, that can be mounted anywhere you like on a truck

Dave

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not much space to work with. There is a crossmember to the rear of the pto. Wasn't in the way for my install, I had a slight downhill angle on the pto driveshaft.

I have no idea if you can piggy back transmission PTO's.

Here is a pic of the rear output install on my deuce.

Dennis

Attachments

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks