• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

PTO's

pa.rich

Mike, would a heavy duty cable be a possibility for actuating your pto? Alot of dumps have that with a 2" knob on floor for it.Is that needed for the dump or the winch? Might simplify things in that tight area.Either case it could work. and allows some flexibility in that area.

mangus580

I am looking for the original dump linkage... My custom job works... just want it 'right' if I can. BTW, I use one of them cables to control the valve :)

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
mangus580 said:
Wow! that looks like the correct linkage!! :)

If anyone knows where to find one..... I sure would like it.
The only "correct" (OEM) parts of the linkage shown in the pics are the lever, shaft and crank behind the drivers seat. The rest was custom built because 1st) I didn't have the original linkage and 2nd) I didn't like that arrangement shown in the manual! (image below).
I wanted the lever to engage the PTO only after reaching a near vertical position, not earlier on its upward travel. Combined with a redesigned locking tab the possibility of accidental shifting was greatly reduced...!
And... it proved to work well, too!

Gerhard

Attachments

Last edited:

peter.mcdonough

hi chaps , i am looking for a rear output pto for our 5 tonner , to be shipped over to england when i get more details (serial numbers ) i will be back in contact , so expect mail soon thanks boys . P.S. we are bore hole engineers and we use them to mount our rise on we seem to have a problem of tearing them to pieces , two so far dead so we need more . back to you soon nite .

jatonka

I use the accessory drive on my M35s to drive the hydraulic system for the dump bodies. The transfer case PTO will do the job but you have to use a gear and chain system to clear the frame crossmember just behind the PTO. It works though and the transfer PTO is lubricated and a constant duty out put.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks