• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Pucker factor of 10 ++++

scooter01922

I shall attempt to snap a pic as soon as possible to go with the super info from DH. One thing i thought i might mention though. With both the tranny and transfer in neutral the shaft spins freely. It can be tough to get good torque on them due to thier location. I put the shaft where it needed to be to get a good angle on one, then i put the transfer back into gear locking the shaft in place. Made it a lot easier to really get on it. Then just pop it back into neutral and rotate to the next bolt.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The nuts are "all steel" , aka" deformed", lock nuts (not reuseable). The bolts, I would assume are grade 8.

Attachments

scooter01922

According to a talk i had with maccus last night you are indeed right. Grade 8 bolts and the all metal locknuts also in grade 8. He was saying that while lots of places have the grade 8 bolts they most often only carry softer nuts. Make sure you get the grade 8 nuts or they can crap out and come loose. I was thinking that liberal locktite application and perhaps even some saftey wire might be in order.

grobinson2

I know I am new to this M35A2 thing guys but I happen to know a bit about the bolt thing since it well quite frankly scared the shit out of me. They are all grade 8 bolts with the lock nuts. I was able to find grade 8 bolts locally but they were all Chinese knock-offs and the nuts were not grade 8. I was able to purchase gov issue grade 8 bolts and nuts from Govliquidation and used those. Also added Red Label Lock Tight and a cotter pin. Damn things aren’t coming off any more. :)

Thanks,
Glenn