• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Puffing white from the breather

acme66

I have got the 855 in my 83 M925 puffing white out of the breather like a steam train after a momentary loss of power. Did I lose a liner o ring do you think? Power came back and I drove back 40 miles just fine.

Ken

Last edited:

wrenchturner6238

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What does the steam smell like? If it smells sweet or you get you get kind of a sweet taste in your mouth from the steam it is anti-freeze coolant. If it kinda smells like oil it is blow by. Are you getting more smoke out the exhaust? On the dip stick up close to the handle if it is anti-freeze it will be kind of a milky build up the same on the under side of the fill cap.

acme66

Bad liner for sure. Got the dreaded grey milkshake. Getting ready to pull the motor right now and swap in another just trying to find the TM location on how to seperate the motor from transmission. Anyone have any hard learned lessons they would like to share right about now?

Ken

elkhtr

Did the same thing last fall on my truck.
My 2 cents would be to pull the whole power pack together as the manual shows.
It was a lot easier than you might think.
Follow the TM step by step, and your done.

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks normal. It dosen't leak into the oil when the truck is running but it does when it is parked.
If you find coolant in the oil after it is parked, most likely a cracked liner is the issue. Drop the oil pan, it will be evident which cylinder needs the attention.

acme66

Two out, one in. Special spot in **** for whoever decided hose hangers had to be held on with grade 8 fine thread bolts and steel lock nuts. Have learned a bunch about liner failure once I can organise my thoughts I make something up about it.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks