• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Pull out deck/steps

Ned81

I keep seeing what appears to be the same fold out steps/ landing on a lot of trucks including drive the globe’s trucks. Anyone know what it is?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I keep seeing what appears to be the same fold out steps/ landing on a lot of trucks including drive the globe’s trucks. Anyone know what it is?

Take a look at Chucky's build. Post #8

@chucky might be able to offer some suggestions too...

TechnoWeenie

Steel Soldiers Supporter

Accordion stairs, as some call them.

I'm just gonna go ghetto and weld up a hinge on a heavy duty aluminum staircase. It'll fold up/down when not in use. Tempted on whether or not I make it spring loaded so it only stays down when there's weight on it... :D

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
This one is very nice there's videos of the install on YouTube with RV globe trekker, Helicools helipad, and broke overland
They are nice but ive got a 100 bucks in the ones i built and mounted vs 3000 bucks plus shipping and i still have to install them ! They are just too easy to make and install and keep 3 grand in your pocket !

ramdough

The direction I picked.

They give veteran and other discounts as well.

TechnoWeenie

Steel Soldiers Supporter
This one is very nice there's videos of the install on YouTube with RV globe trekker, Helicools helipad, and broke overland
While it may not be an issue for others (or the OP), for security reasons, I want something that can be retracted/stowed from inside.

With my M934 I wrapped a loop of paracord around the top step, and once I was in, was able to lift it up and bring it inside.

I'm more concerned about 2 legged animals than 4 legged animals. But being 5' off the ground and no readily available means to access the door presents a logistical issue for most tweakers.... and bears... :D

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks