• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Pull tree with a winch?

74M35A2

Even the OP has a sense of humor. Besides tobyS, what's up with the rest of you?

Winch is is only going to be as strong as the traction holding it back. If you really want to pull it over, you'll have to chain the truck to another tree, and then use a snatch block to get any real force, and by that time, now you are too close to be safe. Just chainsaw it and dig the stump out with a backhoe.

...or, unwind all the winch cable on the ground and.....

Csm Davis

Even the OP has a sense of humor. Besides tobyS, what's up with the rest of you?

Winch is is only going to be as strong as the traction holding it back. If you really want to pull it over, you'll have to chain the truck to another tree, and then use a snatch block to get any real force, and by that time, now you are too close to be safe. Just chainsaw it and dig the stump out with a backhoe.

...or, unwind all the winch cable on the ground and.....
George, George, George of the Jungle, watch out for that tree!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

EO2NMCB

Glad to hear that you are still reading this. Are you pulling roots and all over or cutting the tree using the truck to help guide?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Wife had them cut down, left them about 4' tall. Just have to cut the trees up that are on the ground, dug stumps with backhoe. She kept saying she wanted it done right!

grendel

I have a hemlock here in NH... ground is wet, roots are exposed so it's already leaning. Yep, I plan to winch it down. Root ball and all.

tobyS

I'll admit to pushing a couple with my boomtruck. One tugged hard on the cable once pulling and I don't do that any more.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks