• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Pulling a 105 trailer with M1008

Bighurt

I move mine with my F350 all the time, don't even notice it back there when stopping with a load.

It's not the preferred method but it works.

I much rather pull it with the M915 or M35. But with more trailers than trucks...sometimes I have to make do with what I have.

If you are trying for a permanent pair, try and find a M101 or convert the 105 axle.

quickfarms

The M105 has air over hydraulic brakes so you could modify the trailer with the coupler/actuatior from a M105A3, M101A2/A3 trailer and make the brakes work.

The other option is to plumb the truck for air brakes

combat32

Buy a Dexter electric / hydro. drum brake actuator. Look at Trailer Parts Superstore.
This sounds like a good idea, but the Dexter is like 700 smackers, lookin for a cheaper option.

Welcome to any ideas, there has got to be some trailer or vehicle out there I could rob from at the junkyard that could be made to work I would think.

I am buying a 101a2 but would like to use the 105 as well,