• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Pulling a Deuce

dobyg75

So My friend and i have been attending the fryeburg fair truck pulls in ME.
we have been thinking about entering the deuces in the show but i have a few questions

1 does anyone know who to talk to to enter them

2 what mods need to be done safety not performance want to keep the truck as close to stock as possible

3 the current pulling class is diesel modified @ 8000lbs so how do i get them to open up a class for the deuces?

I have done a search for truck pulling but it doesn't show what needs to be done
and i have been on the Maine state pulling association web site but its not working right so i can't look up the rules.
any input is much appreciated

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I've seen some videos of them pulling, along with semis. But it wasn't an actual competing class, it was just for spectators.

That said, you *might* be able to squeeze into a modified class with a heavily stripped bobbed deuce. But you're going to have to strip everything off it and get creative with body panels. (fiberglass) But you'll loose the weight advantage you have for traction at that point, and be working with 130hp...

Flyingvan911

You might just call and tell them a little about the deuce and ask if you could do a pull just to show off and see what the truck will do. If the wheels start to hop and slide, stop pulling or you'll start breaking parts.

mudguppy

agreed - the deuce will never be 'competitive'. just call the event coordinator and ask if there's a 'run what'ya brung' opening; likely not.

but most everyone loves a deuce and they'd likely be open to a spectacle run just for chits & giggles.

if you do pull with it, be careful: wheel hop is extremely hard on parts and is what will break stuff in a deuce. and there is sooooo much driveline slop in a deuce, which is why it is so tough to control.

either go loaded or go light; the middle ground is where failure will occur.

emr

call the main number of the fair, and ask for the person running the event, then u will be able to ask for the guy running the pull, then ask if u can do a run for show only, its a crowd pleaser for sure, ask the guy driving the sled if he pulled mil vehicles before, he probably has, he can slip the cltch to let u get a full run, thats worth the effort, unless u really want to try, a deuce will hop and lose traction and like said above , not enough umph, now if u want to run an 813 it will pull that sled to the next town, ask me how I know :) they had to stop me at the gate to the parking lot, I was wondering why no one stopped me, they thought it was a deuce like they saw in past pulls they said and figured right where it would hop they said, but i pulled right passed em like there was nothing behind me and they had to run to catch up, they asked back next year, said the crowd loved it, but in the 813 i heard and saw nothing but the gate i was headed for, do it for sure, its worth it,

Wildchild467

Steel Soldiers Supporter
i pulled my deuce in a fair in PA. truck was empty, rear tires were at 40psi i think, front at 60. started off in 2nd low range, 2000 rpm, and it pulled the sled just fine until about 230 feet and the sled dug in and just brought the engine right down (not enough horsepower). so i just quick pushed the clutch in and it sat there idling.... no problems. The whole time My M35A2 pulled it fine down the track like nothing until those 10 feet or so where the sled dug in. I dont know much about pulling, but wow. should have had it in 1st gear. I didnt not want to break anything, but i thought it would be fun to pull with it!:lol: Next year im going to use 1st, low range. i was just in the pull as an exibition because they didnt have a class and i wanted to see what the deuce was made of. just wish i tried 1st gear! Somewhere on youtube is a multi fueled 5 ton long wheel base cab and chassis (not sure of the "M" number) pulling a sled... i think he got a full pull! :lol:

dobyg75

I wasn't planning on seriously competing with it kinda just for show but my friend and i want to pull against each other kinda see who is better haha but i will try to talk to the guy in charge of the event

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks