• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Pulling a gooseneck trailer with a Deuce

JasonS

You need to know the load current before you can determine the resistor value. Dropping resistors are not a very good solution. The best would be a separate regulated 12V supply for your trailer.

mangus580

Voltage regulator chips are the ideal solution. Some day... my EE boss is supposed to help me pick some out and design something....

JasonS

You can use a 7812 for small loads (radio shack has 'em). Anything larger is best served by a DC-DC converter. There are a several commercial solutions but you can also build your own. Linear Tech has one that looks suitable for 5A loads. If there was demand, I'd consider building and supplying them.

BThrasher

Jason5
I was planing on using the resistors one for each light. Brake, Park and each Signal. One per wire. Would the 7812 work for that kind of a load? On the brake controler the power side may need converter.

ProJunkRacing

Does anyone have pictures of a goose behind a Duece? I am wanting to do this but am concerned that it would be to high. I would use it locally , and a friend would do the long distance towing if I didn't want to. But I am looking to get a 36' Ft goose.

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
Why mess with resistors and that when 24 volt bulbs are available and the solution would be easier if you had money to throw at it put in LED's that can handle 12-28 volts Or do the the Army did on my M 127 put in two sets of lights 12 and 24 volt. It does look funny having double lights on the trailer and I had to convince the State inspector that he would only get half of them up on 12 Volts using a commercial IV cable. He wanted to see all of them so I hooked up the 24 volt cable and the other half came on.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks